Upper Marlboro, MD

Patuxent Elementary School 1

Posted June 22, 2015
I was a student at this school when I was younger and I am sad to say that the curriculum and caliber of faculty has declined. The principal does not seem aware of any of the dealings within the school. The head secretary is extremely rude. Some of the teachers speak to the students in ways that should have them terminated. The children do not have proper supervision. My daughter's friend was slapped in the face by a little boy and the school did nothing. My daughter was denied lunch because her teacher did not get her class to lunch on time. The parents are not informed of any school events until the last minute. Progress reports and report cards lack any sort of review on the progress of the student. Things have to change in this school.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted June 22, 2015
Some of the faculty members are very rude not only to the parents but the students. Certain courses and materials are only available to the younger students.

Patuxent Elementary School 2

Posted April 30, 2015
I want to say great things about this school, but of course this is my experience from August 2014 to present. 1) No heat in some classrooms in the winter 2) No air in some classrooms in the summer 3) The cafeteria food is disgusting and my son begs for a homemade lunch daily. (What boy does that?) 4) The school's population is very homogenous, so if you have a light skinned child. Expect they will be taunted and teased daily. 5) My son's current class has one teacher to 30 students 6) Technology is in disrepair and principal favors the lower grades for technology use. 7) PTA communicates events/fundraisers at the very last minute. Outdated information on website and very low participation 8) School Secretary is always right and will cut you off when you are trying to explain something 9) School bus driver is always late, making my son late Good 1) They use the School Max family portal 2) Some teachers use DOJO a mobile app for parent-teacher communication 3) Music program for students

Patuxent Elementary School 5

Posted August 01, 2013
This school is wonderful!!!! It has honestly the best school my daugther has attended so far. The teachers, Principal and staff are committed to helping our kids be the best they possibly could be. Ms. Battle is an excellent teacher and really cares about her students development. I'm looking forward to the upcoming school year.

Patuxent Elementary School 4

Posted May 22, 2009
Teacher's and staff both work toward helping your children achieve. Their goal is to provide a good education to the children in the school.

Posted October 27, 2008
I have nothing but positive things to say about Patuxent Elementary. I was really impressed with the teachers, supportive and administrative staff. Keep up the good work.

Posted October 26, 2008
My child had a wonderful time there she is attending her last year.

Posted April 29, 2008
I am a parent of on e of the studentds at Patuxent Elementary school and I absolutely love it the teachers the staff and everyone.Thank you for all their support and help

Patuxent Elementary School 5

Posted November 09, 2007
My daughter attended Patuxent for grades 4 through 6. It is a wonderful school! The teachers and administration are top notch. Great learning environment. Strong science focus.

Patuxent Elementary School 4

Posted April 25, 2007
My son will be leaving Patuxent this year. He has been a student at Patuxent since 1st grade. Both he & I truly enjoyed the last 6 years. The administrative staff at Patuxent ware extremely caring toward the students & were available to the parents for whatever was necessary. I will look at my son's elementary years at Patuxent as a success, thanks in part to the teachers & faculty.

4410 Bishopmill Dr, Upper Marlboro, MD  20772
Last modified Patuxent Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Patuxent Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top