PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (2 responses)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted June 30, 2016
Thanks for showing your true colors before my child went to Middle School you snake.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 30, 2016
Just right (for failure) because the high school graduates that I have spoken to are not prepared for college.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted June 30, 2016
NO!!!! Unless you consider developing low morale and the determination leave the school as soon as possible a virtue.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted June 30, 2016
They do not care about the students at all. They only care about revenue. Eric Harrison said that out loud, in front of me.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 30, 2016
Eric Harrison will lie to your face about everything regarding this school. They have too many under qualified teachers as well as leaders. Bullying is commonplace with the students and teachers.

Riverdale Baptist School 1

Posted June 30, 2016
My son has attended Riverdale Baptist School for 5 years. The curriculum changes often and does not offer what one would expect from a "private" school. However, the elementary principal promotes Christian values. I will not allow my son to go into the middle school because of the MS principal. She lies and is very immature. The MS does not follow the mission statement that is promoted to the parents. My daughter attended the middle school and one year in high school before I had enough and put her in another school. My advice to anyone considering placing their child in Middle or High School is to save your money. The leadership is awful. They are not qualified to babysit in my opinion. My daughter had a teacher with no degree at all, homosexuality is commonplace in the upper grades, and excessive bullying from teachers as well as students. The school is basically a joke. The students are not even able to test into better private schools because academically the school is worse than any Title I public school.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted May 05, 2016
I truly would want to thank all of them because without any of them I wouldn't be the strong yet still growing Christ follower I am today.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted May 05, 2016
At times its hard to listen and obey. We wan too talk and play and such. When we get punished one teacher makes us write a long bible verse. Not only have i memorized that long verse by heart, but I also have something to share with other people or use when I'm afraid or need help and God.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 05, 2016
Yes they do. They bleed blue and gold all around. In Thursday Chapel and Bible class they challenge us to get out of our comfort zones and be a warrior for God. In high school for spring break you can even go on a mission trip. They also do everything they can do to teach us, we just have to listen and ask if we don't understand.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted May 05, 2016
they respect the students in a fair way but at times one person would do something terrible or dress inappropriately and get embarrassed or hurt by the comments that a teacher would put out. We as students get offended because they don't know how we are raised and what was ok to wear and do. So when a teacher is wrong they ask for forgiveness of the victim and the students that heard about it which is the thing I like.

1133 Largo Rd, Upper Marlboro, MD  20774
Last modified Riverdale Baptist School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12