Upper Marlboro, MD

Posted February 23, 2011
I must say it is very short-sighted for the vestry to close the school. It is a gem in Prince George's County. The teachers and staff care so much about each student. My son has matured and excelled under their kind attention for over five years. The other schools anywhere near QAS do not compare.

Queen Anne School 1

Posted February 02, 2011
This school is being closed by the vestry in June 2011. Personally I think it's about time.

Posted September 20, 2010
My son is in the 12th grade and has been going to Queen Anne since 7th grade. It's been a great school for him. He's learned to be an independent thinker, he's been able to participate in many activities and try many new things. Teachers are very dedicated. Discipline is good. Students are polite and care about each other. I've been very pleased with this school

Posted March 19, 2010
I started goining to Queen Anne School at the start of this year and i most say I am very pleased. The students and faculty give this school a warm and welcome feel. They make everyone feel welcome and make it impossiable to fail as long as the student cares the teachers care

Queen Anne School 0

Posted November 20, 2009
I totally agree with the parent whose child entered QA in the 10th grade. Like this parent, my daughter too had entered QA in her sophomore year, and even though she didn't perform to the best of her abilities; I am very pleased with the teaching and nurturing she received while attending up until she graduated in 2006. She didn't get her first choice of universities, but like everything else, she applied the disciplines that QA instilled in her and was able to transfer in her sophomore year to her university of choice Hofstra University with an impressive GPA from her freshman year. I said this to say, Queen Anne School sells itself as a college preparatory school and students who moved onto higher learning demonstrate that caliber of learning; when they enter college they are fully prepared and are able to couple with the anxiety of transitioning from high school to college and many have done exceptionally well. My final thought is: you had to have been there to understand!

Posted November 20, 2008
This school is not perfect-none are--but the teachers are dedicated, they care, it is obvious they are there to help students--small classes, lunchtime or before school help with work, a personal interest in your child, many adults caring about them-knowing their personality and their learning style----a beautiful campus, teaching children where they are whether it be way above average or getting by---writing that is at a college level--open mindedness-this is a great school--my child had other options public and private and still does-but will stay here---diverse kids and teachers. We have the Washington Post Teacher of the year for 2007 teaching here, we have people with degrees from Ivy league schools, small liberal colleges and Duke University, we have teachers with masters and law degrees----why would they choose to teach at a small private school-because they want to make a difference.

Queen Anne School 2

Posted July 20, 2008

Queen Anne School 2

Posted June 30, 2008
My child attends QAS and I am a involved parent, QAS has the potential to be a good school, but the school is not run well. My daughter had a good year, the teachers are overwhelmed, most teach more than one subject, and seem very burned out. The administrators are much to be desired. 8 to 9 teachers and administrators have left this year (some being the best teachers, some not), I only hope that QAS doesn't hire more inexperienced teachers, which I'm sure the budget dictates. The enrollment is down a little over a 100 kids in the whole school, I believe the school needs to be revamped, a new administration.

Posted June 09, 2008
My husband and I both agree that the tuition we have paid Queen Anne School for the past four years for one of our children and two years for the other, is some of the best money we ve spent. This is truly a college preparatory school. My oldest child has had the opportunity to take several AP courses throughout her four years, three this year alone: AP Physics, AP Calculus, and AP Literature. She has made a decision to attend UVA in the fall. If you want your child to truly be prepared for the college of his or her choice, Queen Anne School is an excellent choice. Small class sizes, truly dedicated teachers you can t go wrong.

Posted May 12, 2008
My child is graduating from Queen Anne after attending for 6 years. It's a very small school, and at one point, my child considered transferring to a larger school with more opportunities. However, after receiving two offers to transfer, she decided to stay at Queen Anne & now as she is about to graduate, she has no regrets. She based her decision on the help she was receiving in her growth as a student, and the opportunities she would have as she considered colleges. Queen Anne is a tiny school 280 students in six grades, with a very modest endowment. Yet its dedicated administrators & teachers help their students excel every year. College acceptances don't say everything about a school, but it's telling that at least one student receives an acceptance letter from an Ivy League college every year. Queen Anne administrators and teachers really care about their students and are

Queen Anne School