No rating

Capitol Christian Academy

Private | PK-12

Living in Upper Marlboro

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $240,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,600.

Posted October 27, 2014

What makes CCA different? I personally believe that the teachers and administration have a vested interest in the success of each student. My daughter started at CCA this semester and to see such an amazing difference after just one quarter is remarkable. I only wish that we would have brought her there earlier.

Posted October 27, 2014

CCA is an outstanding school that should be considered by parents who are seeking a college-prep education and environment. My son now sees school completely different since being enrolled at CCA. We really like the school.

Posted October 2, 2014

CCA is an outstanding school. My child is taking two AP courses and is on a very strong college prep track. The teachers are great and passionate about their craft. The school has strong extracurricular activities and the children are really pushed to be excellent students and upstanding citizens. When I see my child's SAT score jump almost 200 points in one year, I KNOW they are doing something right. Small class sizes and a top program = success for my child and yours too.

Posted September 25, 2014

CCA is far and away one of the best schools in the region. My child has always attended private schools and to now have her at a small school that has several very qualified instructors who hold doctor's degrees is a blessing. Every student in 10th grade and beyond takes at least one AP course, there is tutoring and study hall each day and the administration works hard to keep the school organized. Last year, not so much, but the school is so strong academically they won the robotics competition and had the mock SAT for the entire student body on the 2nd day of school. They really have changed the atmosphere and it has a very spiritual and family feel. I am enrolling my younger daughter and son (they're twins!) next year. The school is located on a beautiful 200 acre campus and it's clear that the poster below had an axe to grind, he or she should take it up with the management as opposed to posting obvious lies online.

Posted September 25, 2014

CCA Proud! I am a parent of 2 children at CCA and they are doing very well. My kids have been bounce around from private to public and now we have found our HOME at CCA. As with any new school you will have bumps and bruises along the way, however the staff and parents have come together and have adopted a NO Tolerance attitude. We expect and demand excellence not only from the staff but from parents and students as well. The atmosphere has changed completely and the school is thriving. Check out our website, even better come drop by one day, we will glad to have you. We are NOT the CCA of old we are the New and Improved version. CCA Proud Period!

Posted September 24, 2014

While this school is far from perfect it is not the school described below. Please see the school for yourself. The children are learning and making great strides. All of the problem children were put out and no longer attend this school. The teachers are caring and work really believes in children and that is not always easy. My child is excelling and I would send my child to CCA.

Posted March 21, 2014

Most of the reviews of this school are old, but I assure you, this is the exact same school that now resides in Landover, MD. The owner covered his tracks well, but the research into state businesses showed this Greatschools entry to be the same as the company in Landover. This school has a VERY low rating for very good reasons. I highly advise ANYONE from ever sending their kids here. 1. There is ZERO structure. Accountability is near non-existent. While there are rules in place, they are ignored by student and staff alike. The students will blatantly break the rules (smoking weed in stairwells, stealing, generally causing chaos), while the owner/principal ignores the infractions for the most part. Even the school schedule is completely random. First period classes rarely meet as the owner starts school so late on a daily basis. 2. In addition, the place is DANGEROUS. There are empty fire extinguishers, no fire blankets, no safety showers or eye wash units in the chemical lab, etc. There are deadly chemicals in easy reach (no lock), some have spilled. The owner ignored these problems even when made aware. This is a poorly run business that could easily cause harm to a child.

Posted August 17, 2011

I graduated from this school in the early 80's after spending 2 years there. It seems from negative reviews here that the school has fallen apart. It was a well-disciplined atmosphere back then, the teachers took an active interest in the children, the curriculum was much better than South River high school where I previously attended. I'm rating the school as it was back then.

Posted February 11, 2011

i attened this school for six years and i graduated also in 2010 nd the school was very unorganized they did not know if they where going to close or if they where going to stay open asking parents to pay over on tution and ask teachers not to get paid until the end of the school year because they where in debt of $25,000 which makes no since. We didnt really learn anything my six years there with teachers walking out nd leaving us there to do nothing for the whole period. The name of the school may have been "Capitol Christian Academy" , but there was nothing Christian about it with students nor teachers. When it came to applying to college the gudiance counslor did anything but that telling students your grades or not smart enough to attend that school so u shouldnt even apply but thats ok because i made it without her. i've graduated and i still havent recieved my diploma yet im just happy that i have left that school and dnt have to deal with those unchristian like people.

Posted September 16, 2009

My Kids Attend CCA. I am really impresses with the changes they have made. By bringing Mr. Lont in, who I think is a true man of God, willreall make a major impact on the schools name. I think Mr. Lont has a real love and passion for our kids. Afterall it starts with the head. I pray that God will Bless him and staff as they strive to do the best for the children.

Posted September 7, 2009

This year is much calmer and going along very nicely. There is a better Christian atmoshpere.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 4, 2009

Excellent school in both academics and spiritual growth. This school offers a safe and nurturing environment for students.

Posted November 8, 2008

CCA has many problems and they continue to spiral down. I do not know if this school will last. It has a great legacy and the current administrator has taken on every possible role to try to save this school. I am sure his heart is in the right place but the changes they made are a step backwards. Almost all of the teachers and administrationlast year have left.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 23, 2008

CCA has the potential to be a good school, but the school has undergone financial challenges from the last couple of years and it continues to struggle. Teachers are overwhelmed, teaching more than one unrelated subjects, and combined grade levels. 8 to 9 teachers and administrators have left this year (some being the best teachers), hiring inexperienced teachers, where the only qualifications is the willingness to accept the faith that the church dictates. In an attempt to stop the bleeding from last year, the administrator has taken on every possible roll which I'm sure the budget dictates but not effective. Extracurricular activities such as sports, music, and scholastic clubs are limited. The enrollment is down with just more than a 100 kids in the whole school, I believe the school needs to be revamped with a new administration team. For the cost of the school, I expected spirituality as well as higher academic standards. Academic preparation is what attracted me to this school several years ago and although my kids had good elementary years; it requires significant parent involvement with an adaptive, caring teacher. Considering the upper level, don't!

Posted August 22, 2007

My son has attended CCA since K5 and is now entering the 3rd grade. I feel that he is getting a quality education at this level. CCA is an working to bring more diversity into the school through it facility which is a plus. So far, the teachers that my son has had have challenged him and this can only help him.

Posted May 17, 2007

My son attended CCA for pre-school (K4 and K5). I found the environment caring, nurturing, and attentive. Mrs. Whittington instilled a love of learning into my child. She loves her profession and it shows. It was a pleasure having her for a teacher. The pre-school program was a learning environment, not a baby-sitting service. Overall, it exceeded my expectations. When my son graduated from pre-school, I evaluated CCA's elementary school as well as others in the area. Unfortunately, I was not as impressed with CCA's elementary program. It's small size comes with resource limitations. I withdrew my son from CCA and he is thriving now, in part to the solid foundation and love of learning he found at CCA.

Posted March 9, 2007

Our daughter is at CCA in their high school program. A problem they have is leaving students unattended. I'm seeking to find another school.

Posted March 7, 2007

When we enrolled our children in CCA we had high expectations.were we fooled. There is no enforcement of the rules, the principle has no clue as to what is going on, the only HS teachers that bother to teach is the Spanish & math teacher. The rest leave the teaching to the computer. Distance education is for college not HS. Not all students are able to just learn from a computer, not to mention why pay tuition if they are leaving it up to the computer. No security, I've entered the building several times & walked around freely & unnoticed. Kids leave campus & get food. The list goes on. Whatever you do, don't send your kids there let along anyone else kids. Some county schools R better than this school. Fool me 1 shame on U, Fool me 2 shame on me.

Posted August 18, 2006

I have recently reenrolled my child at CCA and I have meet many of the new teachers and spoken with them. They seem to be well informed in their field. The atmosphere with the teachers seem to be more pleasant verses last year. I believe that CCA is headed in the right direction. I am glad that I listened to God and kept my children there.

Posted May 24, 2006

Capitol Christian Academy has definitely been a disappointment to me. My son has been in need of tutoring for math. I submitted a request not once but twice to the Assistant Principal and he never responded. Finally, I contacted the Principal and he put me in touch with the correct person. In addition, his teacher has never been forthcoming with any additional math work assignments to help him to understand. I feel that I have wasted tuition money and time this year by letting my son attend this school. Most of the children that attend Capitol Christian Academy have parents that work there.

Asian 0% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 5%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

610 Largo Road