PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

CCA has been a huge savior for our daughter. She has gained confidence in her abilities and the administration shows compassion for her challenges. Taking the extra time with her needs has been a huge impact in her ability and gives us comfort to know she can succeed at the college level. We are fully aware of the challenges with smaller schools who don't get the same amount of funding as their counterparts, but the CCA staff has been amazing and tireless in attending to the needs of each and every student. Regardless of the what people say, the school has a huge heart to serve children. They are truly blessed!

What makes CCA different? I personally believe that the teachers and administration have a vested interest in the success of each student. My daughter started at CCA this semester and to see such an amazing difference after just one quarter is remarkable. I only wish that we would have brought her there earlier.

CCA is an outstanding school that should be considered by parents who are seeking a college-prep education and environment. My son now sees school completely different since being enrolled at CCA. We really like the school.

CCA is an outstanding school. My child is taking two AP courses and is on a very strong college prep track. The teachers are great and passionate about their craft. The school has strong extracurricular activities and the children are really pushed to be excellent students and upstanding citizens. When I see my child's SAT score jump almost 200 points in one year, I KNOW they are doing something right. Small class sizes and a top program = success for my child and yours too.

CCA is far and away one of the best schools in the region. My child has always attended private schools and to now have her at a small school that has several very qualified instructors who hold doctor's degrees is a blessing. Every student in 10th grade and beyond takes at least one AP course, there is tutoring and study hall each day and the administration works hard to keep the school organized. Last year, not so much, but the school is so strong academically they won the robotics competition and had the mock SAT for the entire student body on the 2nd day of school. They really have changed the atmosphere and it has a very spiritual and family feel. I am enrolling my younger daughter and son (they're twins!) next year. The school is located on a beautiful 200 acre campus and it's clear that the poster below had an axe to grind, he or she should take it up with the management as opposed to posting obvious lies online.

CCA Proud! I am a parent of 2 children at CCA and they are doing very well. My kids have been bounce around from private to public and now we have found our HOME at CCA. As with any new school you will have bumps and bruises along the way, however the staff and parents have come together and have adopted a NO Tolerance attitude. We expect and demand excellence not only from the staff but from parents and students as well. The atmosphere has changed completely and the school is thriving. Check out our website, even better come drop by one day, we will glad to have you. We are NOT the CCA of old we are the New and Improved version. CCA Proud Period!

While this school is far from perfect it is not the school described below. Please see the school for yourself. The children are learning and making great strides. All of the problem children were put out and no longer attend this school. The teachers are caring and work really believes in children and that is not always easy. My child is excelling and I would send my child to CCA.

Most of the reviews of this school are old, but I assure you, this is the exact same school that now resides in Landover, MD. The owner covered his tracks well, but the research into state businesses showed this Greatschools entry to be the same as the company in Landover. This school has a VERY low rating for very good reasons. I highly advise ANYONE from ever sending their kids here. 1. There is ZERO structure. Accountability is near non-existent. While there are rules in place, they are ignored by student and staff alike. The students will blatantly break the rules (smoking weed in stairwells, stealing, generally causing chaos), while the owner/principal ignores the infractions for the most part. Even the school schedule is completely random. First period classes rarely meet as the owner starts school so late on a daily basis. 2. In addition, the place is DANGEROUS. There are empty fire extinguishers, no fire blankets, no safety showers or eye wash units in the chemical lab, etc. There are deadly chemicals in easy reach (no lock), some have spilled. The owner ignored these problems even when made aware. This is a poorly run business that could easily cause harm to a child.

I graduated from this school in the early 80's after spending 2 years there. It seems from negative reviews here that the school has fallen apart. It was a well-disciplined atmosphere back then, the teachers took an active interest in the children, the curriculum was much better than South River high school where I previously attended. I'm rating the school as it was back then.

i attened this school for six years and i graduated also in 2010 nd the school was very unorganized they did not know if they where going to close or if they where going to stay open asking parents to pay over on tution and ask teachers not to get paid until the end of the school year because they where in debt of $25,000 which makes no since. We didnt really learn anything my six years there with teachers walking out nd leaving us there to do nothing for the whole period. The name of the school may have been "Capitol Christian Academy" , but there was nothing Christian about it with students nor teachers. When it came to applying to college the gudiance counslor did anything but that telling students your grades or not smart enough to attend that school so u shouldnt even apply but thats ok because i made it without her. i've graduated and i still havent recieved my diploma yet im just happy that i have left that school and dnt have to deal with those unchristian like people.

Last modified Capitol Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12