PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

The principal bullies the parents with yelling and verbal aggression so if we are working as a top down approach I guess the answer lies right there.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

They actually told me they were "releasing" my other son because they did not have the "resources" to assist him. My other son has a speech impairment. So much for the law of kindness.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

If the leadership was better than maybe the school would not be overpopulated, negligent in teaching responsibilities, and real morals and values will be present.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They constantly targeted my kids especially the principal. I had to remind him of what leadership is according to biblical teachings. He responded with another assaulting email. He is truly out of control.

Worst decision we made. It's unorganized and the leader of the school is inappropriate. Our son is in Pre-K and they seem to not have the competency level to manage toddlers let alone when they actually get to grade school. They have 30 students in the class with one teacher and 2 "Teachers aids" which are volunteering parents. That's worst than public school. The principal is completely inappropriate as we have had several situations with him actually yelling at me. I grew up in catholic school and this is astonishing and heartbreaking. The teachers have no regard for the parents as I have the teacher schedule a meeting with me then blow it off as if there is no protocol or policy for such a thing. The education my son received was more extensive when he was at a preschool. Counting down to when I can take my child out in June. Other parents and neighbors warned me about this school and its rapid decline, I should have listened.

Rigorous academics in a safe environment. This is a very good school. The teachers are caring, considerate, and always raise the bar for students. The school is family oriented and parent involvement is good. The school also make patents an intricate part of their child's education. My children test above grade level, enjoy going to school and they have made wonderful friendships! I look forward to being apart of the St. Mary's for years to come.

We had high hopes for St Mary's but have been sorely disappointed. The principle has no capability to connect to the children and does not manage the staff with any leadership. The counselor and support teachers were absolutely fantastic but consistently undercut by the outdated instructional views of the principle. Many of the staff show extreme favoritism and will openly speak about students' deficiencies in front of other students. The school has expanded beyond their capabilities. If the school downsizes and finds a new principle, we would highly recommend it but cannot until these two aspects are fulfilled.

St. Mary's of the Assumption is a wonderful school. It has great teachers and staff. The parent participation could better. We have been at St Mary's for five years and the only things that need improvement are the science program, more projects, and the school needs at least four trips per grade per year. Most of the area catholic schools have STEM programs but St Mary's has yet to jump in and get one. Recess duty is okay. It isn't the funniest thing to do but the head recess parent is great and she is there everyday from what it seems. She worked with my schedule so that I could get my days done. The lunch program is so much better. The food is so much healthier. My child that has graduated from St. Mary's is doing well in high school. I also would like to see either smaller class sizes or a aid for each class up to 5th grade. Overall the teachers care and the parents that help out are great.

St Mary's is a high quality excellent school. Children leave St Mary's well prepared for High School and life in general. The school has great academics and teaches High Moral Values. I have had several children attend and graduate. I can only say that each of my children has excelled in School and life and I attribute it to the Values Morals and Education they received at St Mary of The Assumption. By the way I am not and never have been in or associated with a click, in addition I encourage my child to take responsibility for their own actions. If you are considering a Catholic Elementary School you will not be disappointed.

I have a son that just finished pre k as well as a son that just finished kindergarten. My son did pick up some behaviors but we worked with him at home and explained to him we don't follow others and he ended up fine. I know that my kids are getting a great education at St Mary's. They both test well and love going to school. I see how much my kids have grown. My sons love all of the staff there. I don't mind volunteering to help out. My boys benefit from seeing their parents at the school. Volunteering also helps you know who is working with your child. My sons have never been cursed at. Overall I had good experiences with my boys teachers. I can't speak on the favoritism because I have not experienced that and both of my kids meet the age requirements. I do think that some parents expect to much. Some kids start off rough but as long as the school and parents work together, most kids end up fine. If you don't want to do lunch duty or volunteer just pay the fee. Private school is mostly funded by the parents so it takes a little extra to make things work. We have not reached 5th grade yet so I can't speak on that. Thanks to all of the staff at St. Mary's for a great year.

Last modified St Mary Of The Assumption School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8