Westminster, MD

Posted January 29, 2014
We can't thank MSW enough for preparing our child academically and socially no matter where she goes in life. Our daughter transferred beautifully to high school this year after going to MSW for eleven years. She carries a 4.0 GPA (with a weighted 4.5) in the most advanced curriculum available. She's made many, many new friends and enjoys numerous activities there.

Posted June 10, 2013
A fantastic philosophy, a great set of teachers, and a beautiful campus. Every penny of tuition I have spent here has been well worth it. No teaching to the test, no every-child-must-do-this-right-now. My child loves school. What more could a parent ask?

Posted January 18, 2013
If you are a parent who believes in inspiring and empowering your children to live a responsible and authentic life, rather than controlling them and making them "mind," then I think you will love this great school. We have enjoyed watching hundreds of children over the years grow up at MSW. It has been a joy to watch them become confident, well-educated, and thoughtful young ladies and gentlemen who know who they are, what they want in life, and how they can give back . Our child will take with her an absolute love of learning, an outstanding and diverse education, an inner, gentle discipline, and a lot of self-confidence that only this state of the art school fosters. We sincerely believe that the world would be a better place if everyone could attend MSW.

Posted January 17, 2013
I have been attending MSW for eleven years and I look forward to every day of school. I like all the advanced courses I take. We are required to hand in all our work on time and have a binder that is color coded, which has taught me a LOT about being organized and professional. We are given a timeline in Middle School of due dates, and it is our responsibilty to meet those deadlines. I am glad for that, because being organized was my biggest challenge. Usually everyone figures out how to meet those deadlies after the first six week cycle. I am glad that leadership isn't shoved down our throats. Instead, our directresses and everyone in the school treat us with respect. I think that all of us just naturally grew up here feeling like leaders, because of the way we're treated. I also like that once we complete the foundation-core courses we can challenge ourselves more, if we like. I love planning our adventure trips as a Middle School student. We have gone to Florida and California so far. It is a lot of hard work and a lot of fun too. I love school and look forward to what lies ahead also!

Posted February 08, 2012
Our son attended Montessori School of Westminster, and he thrived. When he left the school for high school, he had no trouble getting into one of the best private schools in the Baltimore area. He ended up with a distinguished scholar grant to Cornell University. They cited his independent thinking ability and self-reliance--both of which are a direct result of his Montessori experience. He especially excelled at mathematics as they taught "why" instead of just memorizing so he understands how and why mathematics works, not just the mechanics.

Posted June 14, 2011
We couldn't be happier with MSW. We have two children at the school and we are amazed by how much they have grown in intellect, behavior and manners since they started there. The individual child approach is great for my two children as one struggles with school work and one needs a higher level of enrichment. Both of their needs are met in a supportive, respectful environment. I also cannot say enough about the administrative staff. The head of school has always been nonthreatening, competent and open-minded. We will be keeping our children with MSW through middle school.

Posted May 09, 2011
I have 2 children in the school and they have flourished in this wonderful environment. I am amazed at the learning and the behavior that develops in these classrooms. When my wife and I first observed in the classroom, we could not believe our eyes at how respectful and orderly the pre-schoolers are... I'm sure we've all been out to functions where little children come together and the noise elevates to the rafters. The children are taught responsibility and accountability from day 1! It is explained that they are responsible to themselves and the others in the classroom and they are so well-mannered! The student - teacher ratio allows the teacher to give each child the attention they need. We are thankful for this school and these caring and dedicated professionals!

Montessori School Of Westminster 1

Posted February 22, 2011
As an Alum, I was not prepared for event public school math classes, or science. They barely touched on certain subjects, and I had to study myself to keep up. The school is too easy in many areas as well, and does not challenge student. They don't emphasize the importance of handing work in on time, and students bossed the teachers around. It was a terrible experience, and a waste of money.

Montessori School Of Westminster 1

Posted February 22, 2011
Terrible. My child was not well prepared, despite her "mastery" of the Montessori work. It was not challenging, and the public schools were far superior.

Posted December 11, 2010
My daughter is having a wonderful experience at MSW. We transferred from Carroll County Public Schools and notice huge differences. Where public schools focus on how well students take tests, MSW concentrates on the the whole child: advancing on an individual academic level, emphasizing respect for others, and strengthening independence, confidence, and competence. Administrators and teachers are caring professionals and the teacher to student ratio is beneficial! (1:9 in my child's class in comparison to 1:25 in public school.) I highly recommend this school to any family. I am so glad that we are a part of the MSW family!

Montessori School Of Westminster
1055 Montessori Drive, Westminster, MD  21158
Last modified Montessori School Of Westminster is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Montessori School Of Westminster Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top