PK-3|Private

Bad
Good

Posted February 25, 2014
We thought our 3 year old son was in one of the best school before we moved to the area and enrolled him in that school. He came home with his face glowing with excitement. The school is a true nurturing place with so much on their agenda such as academic,art,music and physical activities. The Principal is one great passionate loving person. You can read his honesty and genuine love to his job which is critical to make change for this kids.

Evergreen Montessori School 4

Posted November 04, 2011
Our son thrives at Evergreen, and we are very happy with the personal attention he receives. I love hearing about all the new things he learned at school that day, and I am excited to watch him grow more and more confident. Evergreen is more than a school; it is also a community. In the negative column, I believe the tuition is on the high side, and there is a bit too much time off. I am confident that the school s new leader will guide Evergreen and its community in a positive direction.

Posted November 04, 2011
Evergreen is a strong and vibrant community of student families, teachers and staff. My son is in his 3rd year at the school and I am amazed not only at his progress but in the active community of caring people that we have become a part of.

Posted November 04, 2011
I love, love, love Evergreen. My two sons went there -- one through lower elementary (third grade) and one through primary (kindergarten). They were well taught and well cared for by both the teachers and the parent community. The teachers were so dedicated to the kids and to the integrity of the Montessori method. They parents are concerned and involved without being pushy or neurotic about achievement. We left the area and we are now in public school. Both boys are good students, feel confident about themselves as learners, and know that it's up to them to actively learn -- not to passively be taught. It was a wonderful experience.

Posted November 03, 2011
Congratulations to Evergreen School and their Rain Garden for winning the Environmental award from the Keep Montgomery Beautiful Contest in October 2011.

Evergreen Montessori School 1

Posted October 19, 2011
Primary is good. Avoid elementary - unprofessional. As a parent, the Rain Garden is a hazard for young children and should not be there.

Posted August 16, 2011
My child has been going to Evergreen for four years and really loves it there. He looks forward to going to school and has learned much and developed socially. He loves the new rain garden/ playground with it's bridge and big stones to hop on, and loves the garden boxes where they grew vegetables this spring. I enjoyed being a part of creating the rain garden / playground. I am committed to the school's program all of the way through elementary.

Evergreen Montessori School 2

Posted July 26, 2011
For the tuition that they charge, you're definitely not getting your money's worth!!! Take a tour, sit in the classroom on more than one occasion, and insist on speaking with current and especially former parents. Don't forget to take a look at the pitiful playground and the filthy restrooms as well. Compare your findings with other Montessori Schools and you'll quickly notice that there are much better options to choose from.

Posted May 14, 2011
We love Evergreen and are committed to seeing our child attend through Elementary. All of the teachers are excellent and caring and work hard to meet the indivdual needs of all of the children.

Posted April 13, 2011
My child has attended Evergreen for the past 2 years in the Elementary program. While he did not attend a Montessori preschool, we hoped to find a progressive, and warm environment to engage his active style of learning at Evergreen. This wonderful school is everything we were looking for. My son is thriving there and we love the individualized attention he receives from his caring teachers.

Evergreen Montessori School
10700 Georgia Avenue, Wheaton-Glenmont, MD  20902
Last modified Evergreen Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-3