Woodbine, MD

Glenwood Country Day School 2

Posted March 07, 2013
My child attended GCDS for two years about five years ago. He was lucky to have a couple of very caring teachers for his preschool year and kindergarten year. That being said, the owner and administrator of this school is really hard on her employees and I don't mean that in a good way. This school cannot hold on to its teachers because of this one individual. There is something seriously wrong with the way she handles her staff and causes astounding stress and turnover. For this reason, it is hard to recommend the school.

Posted November 05, 2011
Whoever wrote the review below does not know what they are talking about. My child has gone to this school for over a year and has never been taken on a field trip without my consent! The environment is designed to ensure academic and emotional growth, and my child has never been happier. As for scaring kids about going to other schools, that's just ridiculous.

Glenwood Country Day School 1

Posted November 02, 2011
the owner tries to scare children out of going to other local schools. She also is known for taking children on field trips without the parents consent. If you want a school where your child can mentally and emotionally prosper this is NOT the school for you.

Posted October 02, 2011
We are so happy to find this school. This is my child's first time in school. He has adjusted so quickly and now doesn't want to leave at the end of the day! Thank you for being so warm and helpful in making this fun for us all.

Posted October 02, 2011
My son has made great strides in just one month. We are so lucky to have you.

Glenwood Country Day School 1

Posted August 24, 2011
Glenwood Country Day School - specifically the preschool - had wonderful teachers for the academic year '10-11, but yet again has been unable to retain teachers more than one year (and late hiring in the summer for '11-12 makes one wonder about the upcoming school year). They blame it on 'standard teacher turnover', but in fact the administration is atrocious, teachers have many complaints, there is very poor leadership by the head of school and preschool Director (which is evident on many levels), and there are many other concerns. While the mission is commendable, there are many inconsistencies in delivering. Buyer beware.

Posted May 26, 2010
Good choice for children who have learning differences. Mine are socially awkward, but are not "behavior problems." I did not need a school for behavior problems, just for innattentive behavior. My children are closing academic gaps right in front of my eyes. They offer research based instruction such as TouchMath, Orton-Gillingham, Wilson, Kurzweil. They offer OT and SLP for additional cost, and the services are superior. I highly recommend it.

Posted May 25, 2010
I have been sending my children here to "camp" each summer for the past couple summers and have been so impressed with the teachers, facilities, location and program that I have moved my children to the program full time durning the school year and we couldn't be happier!

Glenwood Country Day School 4

Posted April 28, 2010
My child has achieved many goals and jumped many hurdles since being at this school. Confidence building and small classroom sizes have been key, along with the curriculum that goes at my child's pace - not the teacher's!

Glenwood Country Day School 0

Posted October 07, 2008
I love GCDS and so does my son. The teachers and education surpasses my expectations.

Glenwood Country Day School
14785 Bushy Park Road, Woodbine, MD  21797
Last modified Glenwood Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-1
Glenwood Country Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top