No rating

St Francis Xavier Elementary School

Private | PK-8 | 450 students

Living in Acushnet

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $192,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $850.

Posted yesterday

I feel badly that the parents who commented below, did not or have not given the school a fair shake. This school year is off to a great start, with new teachers in the middle school and a definite focus on improving academics. It was even mentioned at Open House that new textbooks have been purchased. I could not be happier with the choice that I have made for my children!

Posted April 14, 2014

This school has been a very disappointing experience. The leadership of the school is completely incompetent of dealing with any actual issues and take no responsibility when they are at fault. Parents have expectations for private schools to be more informed and involved not have management deem what is considered an emergency or information a parent should be aware of in a timely manner. Good to know my emergency contact list is more of an opportunity to gain congregational support rather than contacting when there is an actual emergency. I would not recommend this school to anyone, it is sad when you as a parent no longer trust a school with your child's safety based on the managements incompetence and practice of sweeping things under the rug. "I'm sorry you feel that way" is not a substitution for "I'm sorry our system failed you, how can we make this better." (For future reference)

Posted March 27, 2014

My children were enrolled at SFX years ago with the belief that this was the best education (academic & religious) they could get. I have one graduate and one more to go. Sadly, I have watched as the school has taken a fanatical approach to religion and a back seat to the academics. I was hoping the change in leadership would bring a renewal of the importance of giving students a solid education along with an opportunity for spiritual growth but that is not happening. We have had to make the difficult decision to pull our child out of a school that was like family in order to make sure our child gets and actual education. Do not be blinded... if you are considering this school, as to see the materials they use. Look at the dated text books and ask how much time is spent on academics vs. how much time they spend out of class for religious activities that take away from the academic learning.

Posted January 6, 2014

St. Francis Xavier offers a wonderful environment for our children to learn and I couldn't be happier. The teachers and staff are excellent in teaching and nurturing our children and by reinforcing the values and beliefs that we teach at home. The academic curriculm is A+ and is enhanced by the extra curricular activities that are provided in the after school programs. My children love going to school to learn in a place they feel special, that is something you can see in their smiles each day as they are welcomed at the door. Keep up the great work SFX!

Posted January 5, 2014

St. Francis has provided my children a great foundation as they grow up and mature. All of us are products of our environment and the school has been graced with good children of good families. I have no fears or concerns about the kids that my children associate with at school. Overall I have been satisfied with the quality of education that my children have received, but my opinion of the teachers is mixed. I think that the new leadership at the school is making a positive impact and my satisfaction with the school will only continue to grow.

Posted February 12, 2013

My son attends SFX and is in the fourth grade. The experience has been wonderful throughout, and my wife/I will enroll our daughter when she is old enough. I cannot disagree enough with the criticisms that I found below. The teachers/administration are very kind, compassionate and nurturing, but they also hold personal accountability as a core value, and so if expectations are not met, be it conduct or academically, there are consequences, and they are fair. Extra-curricular activities are varied and extensive, and the uniforms make for easy dressing in the mornings. Can't say enough about the place.

Posted May 15, 2012

Worst catholic school ever. Awful, do not send your children here! The teachers are rude and mean. They will treat your kids like they are worthless and make them cry everyday. It is sad!

Posted September 8, 2009

St Francis is by far the best school in the diocese!! Top notch academics and a wonderful supportive environment to learn a true Catholic education. I had also considered HFHN school in New Bedford but this school has so much more to offer its students along with a better education. If you are looking for the perfect Catholic school then look no futher!

Posted September 8, 2009

Excellent school!! Wonderful teachers!!! Great academics!!! Best school in the Diocese!!!

Posted June 21, 2009

While I do agree with the great education part of it, I have to disagree with the great staff comment. My child recently attended the school for several years and I have to say, from the 1st grade on, the staff is very harsh with the children and expect them to act like robots. My child learned alot acedemically but socially, he needs to rebuild his trust and respect for adults. The manner in which the children are spoken to is, in my opinion, unacceptable.

Posted March 20, 2009

i love this school. this school gave me the best education of my life. i have been there from pre-school to second grade. i had to get out of the school because i was moving away. i am now in fifth grade, on my way to sixth, and i am a strait A student. I know go to a public school in new bedford massachusetts, Abraham Lincoln School. It is nothing like St.Francis , but for know, this is where i am. I highly recomend this school even though i am ten years old. This school made me the smartest student of my whole entire school.

Posted May 5, 2008

This is a terrific school for the education that they receive and the whole attitude of the teachers and the children is great.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 6%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Fall River

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

223 Main Street