Acushnet, MA

Posted December 24, 2014
Parents/Guardians, please save yourselves time and stress. Do not enroll your children here. All Saints is just down the road on Tarkiln Hill Rd. Or St. Joseph's in Fairhaven. This school is horrible. They have no communication skills. If your child is hurt they do not call you nor do they send an incident/accident report home. They will send out mass emails/texts about fundraisers (which is a constant need) but try to get them to communicate with you about important topics, it doesn't happen. They have become money hungry and it doesn't stop. They beat you down for funds all the time. My children attend this school, but not for long !! I use to love this school, until 2 years ago when the leadership changed. Make sure you do your homework before enrolling your children here, read between the phony smiles !!

Posted August 27, 2014
I feel badly that the parents who commented below, did not or have not given the school a fair shake. This school year is off to a great start, with new teachers in the middle school and a definite focus on improving academics. It was even mentioned at Open House that new textbooks have been purchased. I could not be happier with the choice that I have made for my children!

Posted April 14, 2014
This school has been a very disappointing experience. The leadership of the school is completely incompetent of dealing with any actual issues and take no responsibility when they are at fault. Parents have expectations for private schools to be more informed and involved not have management deem what is considered an emergency or information a parent should be aware of in a timely manner. Good to know my emergency contact list is more of an opportunity to gain congregational support rather than contacting when there is an actual emergency. I would not recommend this school to anyone, it is sad when you as a parent no longer trust a school with your child's safety based on the managements incompetence and practice of sweeping things under the rug. "I'm sorry you feel that way" is not a substitution for "I'm sorry our system failed you, how can we make this better." (For future reference)

St Francis Xavier Elementary School 2

Posted March 27, 2014
My children were enrolled at SFX years ago with the belief that this was the best education (academic & religious) they could get. I have one graduate and one more to go. Sadly, I have watched as the school has taken a fanatical approach to religion and a back seat to the academics. I was hoping the change in leadership would bring a renewal of the importance of giving students a solid education along with an opportunity for spiritual growth but that is not happening. We have had to make the difficult decision to pull our child out of a school that was like family in order to make sure our child gets and actual education. Do not be blinded... if you are considering this school, as to see the materials they use. Look at the dated text books and ask how much time is spent on academics vs. how much time they spend out of class for religious activities that take away from the academic learning.

Posted January 06, 2014
St. Francis Xavier offers a wonderful environment for our children to learn and I couldn't be happier. The teachers and staff are excellent in teaching and nurturing our children and by reinforcing the values and beliefs that we teach at home. The academic curriculm is A+ and is enhanced by the extra curricular activities that are provided in the after school programs. My children love going to school to learn in a place they feel special, that is something you can see in their smiles each day as they are welcomed at the door. Keep up the great work SFX!

Posted January 05, 2014
St. Francis has provided my children a great foundation as they grow up and mature. All of us are products of our environment and the school has been graced with good children of good families. I have no fears or concerns about the kids that my children associate with at school. Overall I have been satisfied with the quality of education that my children have received, but my opinion of the teachers is mixed. I think that the new leadership at the school is making a positive impact and my satisfaction with the school will only continue to grow.

Posted February 12, 2013
My son attends SFX and is in the fourth grade. The experience has been wonderful throughout, and my wife/I will enroll our daughter when she is old enough. I cannot disagree enough with the criticisms that I found below. The teachers/administration are very kind, compassionate and nurturing, but they also hold personal accountability as a core value, and so if expectations are not met, be it conduct or academically, there are consequences, and they are fair. Extra-curricular activities are varied and extensive, and the uniforms make for easy dressing in the mornings. Can't say enough about the place.

Posted May 15, 2012
Worst catholic school ever. Awful, do not send your children here! The teachers are rude and mean. They will treat your kids like they are worthless and make them cry everyday. It is sad!

Posted September 08, 2009
St Francis is by far the best school in the diocese!! Top notch academics and a wonderful supportive environment to learn a true Catholic education. I had also considered HFHN school in New Bedford but this school has so much more to offer its students along with a better education. If you are looking for the perfect Catholic school then look no futher!

Posted September 08, 2009
Excellent school!! Wonderful teachers!!! Great academics!!! Best school in the Diocese!!!

St Francis Xavier Elementary School
223 Main Street, Acushnet, MA  02743
Last modified St Francis Xavier Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Francis Xavier Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top