Posted May 14, 2015
The few who have reviewed SFX seem to have had varied experiences and the ones that are critical appear to be tying the negative review to fairly specific events. I can tell you that I researched all the Catholic schools prior to choosing St. Francis. I have a first grader and a soon-to-be preschooler. It was the best decision I have ever made. My daughter's kindergarten teacher is such a gift. I feel that my daughter is learning in a very positive atmosphere and, from someone who does not attend mass on Sundays often, I can tell you that I don't believe that the religious education overwhelms the academics. That may change as my daughters grow older and the curriculum becomes more difficult, but what I observe is a very confident, smart and kind team of teachers and children. I love it here and really encourage everyone to visit and make their own assessment.

Posted April 13, 2015
Believe the negative reviews about this school wholeheartedly !!! I had a good feeling after open house too. It didn't last long !!! Pulling our children from this failing school was the best thing for them and for us !!! We have never been lied to so much in our lives !!! Quite a few families transferred to public schools after their terrible experience at SFX. And plenty more will be leaving at the end of this year so I hear. Even staff members (plural) pulled their children from SFX after this new incompetent administration took over !! Save yourself a lot of stress and grief and choose ANY other local Catholic school !!!
16 people found this helpful

Posted April 13, 2015
Some of these repeat negative reviews are almost comical, sounds like someone had a personal issue and is taking it out on here. St. Francis is FAR from a failing school!! I've been part of the SFX community for many years and I think the school is the best now that it's ever been. My children have wonderful, educated and caring teachers. They are learning and they enjoy going to school. The extra curricular activities and extended care are great. I really don't have any complaints and all of the other parents I know are also happy with the school. I've never met a more dedicated administration and staff. I really hope if you are considering this school you actually go to the school and visit and not base your opinion on one other persons view or experience.
4 people found this helpful

Posted April 12, 2015
This school deserves many more stars than 5! After reading some of these horrible reviews it's quite disheartening to know that some families will read those and never experience the school for themselves to see how wrong those reviews try to portray this school. As an Acushnet resident, my husband and I had the choice of Acushnet Elementary and of course other catholic schools in the area but after careful review of all schools St. Francis won in every category!! From the after school activities, warm and nurturing environment, parental involvement, and top notch administration we couldn't be happier with our decision to be part of St. Francis.
5 people found this helpful

Posted April 06, 2015
Research surrounding Catholic Schools before you choose SFX. SFX sent out a survey asking how the school can improve. One of the concerns came back from parents & teachers regarding Religion. The teachers & parents are concerned that the excessive weekly Religious events are taking away from the necessary learning that the children need to be prepared to move forward. Yes, SFX is a Catholic School, & religion is important, but the academics are suffering & we were told by the administration; "THIS IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE" why send out a survey? The students are lacking in mathematics & are not prepared for higher learning! The IOWA scores speak for themselves. So they implement a program that the children are required to complete weekly on their own time instead of learning in school! The teachers work so hard with very little to no appreciation from the administration. They have driven the morale into the ground & the staff is so unhappy. Parents feel it & so do the teachers. The enrollment is suffering. It would seem that money is now more of a priority than safety and learning.
12 people found this helpful

Posted April 02, 2015
Very happy with this school for my children. I trust the staff and administration has the best interests of the kids at heart. They work very hard to make the school as great as it is. All of the ppl I know are also happy with it and are keeping their kids there. Can any school be perfect and please everyone? I highly doubt it. I wouldn't let one persons bad experience cloud my judgment of what I think is a great school.
10 people found this helpful

Posted April 02, 2015
One of the best schools in the area. Great administration, teachers and support staff. Hard to find any fault with a school like this. Obviously not right for everyone, if you think a Catholic school should just be an alternative to the public school system then this is not for you. A happy, healthy and holy environment.
6 people found this helpful

Posted January 25, 2015
Today my wife and I attended the Open House at St. Francis Xavier. All that I can say is that in no way should one put much weight on the negative reviews that are seen on this site. Do yourself a favor. Visit the school. Talk to the faculty. Witness the students. And then make your own judgement. My wife and I are very much looking forward to becoming a part of this school community.
9 people found this helpful

Posted December 24, 2014
Parents/Guardians, please save yourselves time and stress. Do not enroll your children here. All Saints is just down the road on Tarkiln Hill Rd. Or St. Joseph's in Fairhaven. This school is horrible. They have no communication skills. If your child is hurt they do not call you nor do they send an incident/accident report home. They will send out mass emails/texts about fundraisers (which is a constant need) but try to get them to communicate with you about important topics, it doesn't happen. They have become money hungry and it doesn't stop. They beat you down for funds all the time. My children attend this school, but not for long !! I use to love this school, until 2 years ago when the leadership changed. Make sure you do your homework before enrolling your children here, read between the phony smiles !!
18 people found this helpful

Posted April 14, 2014
This school has been a very disappointing experience. The leadership of the school is completely incompetent of dealing with any actual issues and take no responsibility when they are at fault. Parents have expectations for private schools to be more informed and involved not have management deem what is considered an emergency or information a parent should be aware of in a timely manner. Good to know my emergency contact list is more of an opportunity to gain congregational support rather than contacting when there is an actual emergency. I would not recommend this school to anyone, it is sad when you as a parent no longer trust a school with your child's safety based on the managements incompetence and practice of sweeping things under the rug. "I'm sorry you feel that way" is not a substitution for "I'm sorry our system failed you, how can we make this better." (For future reference)
16 people found this helpful

St Francis Xavier Elementary School
223 Main Street, Acushnet, MA  02743
Last modified St Francis Xavier Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Francis Xavier Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top