PK-4 & Ungraded
Acushnet, MA

Acushnet Elementary School 4

Posted April 05, 2012
I would have given this school 5 stars if they actually sent out communications in a timely manner. Teachers are great, school grounds are beautiful and clean, kids are nice, but man administration needs to pull it together. I am a single working mom and try my hardest to keep on top of my son's schedule. I receive notices for days off/early dismissal's etc. the day before it happens. Fund raisers are given out a week before they are due. Book fairs are during regular working hours for most parents. They constantly ask for donations/ fund raisers/ handouts which I do understand the school needs what it needs and we are happy to help. But when I had to pay tuition because a public school does not have full day kindergarten I see all of the penny pinching as a problem. I grew up here, I love this school system and Im glad my son could go here as well but procedures that worked 20 years ago do not necessarily work now.

Posted September 14, 2010
I appreciate the helpful administration and staff. The classes are reasonably sized and the teachers are tirelessly dedicated to interacting positively with the studnets, (not merely meeting curriculum requirements). This school still has a small town feel, and as a parent I appreciate the atmosphere this school system offers.

Posted May 27, 2010
I have two children right now who attend the elementary school. I LOVE it there!! The teachers care soooo much about their students & their well being. I think there is great communication between the teachers, staff & the parents. The best school by far!!!!

Acushnet Elementary School 0

Posted September 07, 2009
This is my daughter's third year at AES, and she has her third principal. The biggest weakness in the school is communication. There were no notifications when admin changed, little goes home about events. The district resists any change in policy/procedure. It seems they are in the dark ages--still using card catalog in library, no foreign language program in the whole district, everything is by paper instead of email. The teachers work hard, but are not appreciated by the town or admin. enough. There is a lack of budget support by town--penny pinching.

Acushnet Elementary School 3

Posted February 15, 2005

Posted November 30, 2004
The school system it self is the best I have seen in a while. Though ever school has their little problems. The parents and teachers over come these to provide the best lerning environment for the children. The theory that caring parents and teachers make a difference is correct and can be seen as soon as one enters the schools (AES and at Ford).

Acushnet Elementary School
800 Middle Rd, Acushnet, MA  02743
Last modified Acushnet Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Acushnet Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top