Bad
Good

I would have given this school 5 stars if they actually sent out communications in a timely manner. Teachers are great, school grounds are beautiful and clean, kids are nice, but man administration needs to pull it together. I am a single working mom and try my hardest to keep on top of my son's schedule. I receive notices for days off/early dismissal's etc. the day before it happens. Fund raisers are given out a week before they are due. Book fairs are during regular working hours for most parents. They constantly ask for donations/ fund raisers/ handouts which I do understand the school needs what it needs and we are happy to help. But when I had to pay tuition because a public school does not have full day kindergarten I see all of the penny pinching as a problem. I grew up here, I love this school system and Im glad my son could go here as well but procedures that worked 20 years ago do not necessarily work now.

I appreciate the helpful administration and staff. The classes are reasonably sized and the teachers are tirelessly dedicated to interacting positively with the studnets, (not merely meeting curriculum requirements). This school still has a small town feel, and as a parent I appreciate the atmosphere this school system offers.

I have two children right now who attend the elementary school. I LOVE it there!! The teachers care soooo much about their students & their well being. I think there is great communication between the teachers, staff & the parents. The best school by far!!!!

This is my daughter's third year at AES, and she has her third principal. The biggest weakness in the school is communication. There were no notifications when admin changed, little goes home about events. The district resists any change in policy/procedure. It seems they are in the dark ages--still using card catalog in library, no foreign language program in the whole district, everything is by paper instead of email. The teachers work hard, but are not appreciated by the town or admin. enough. There is a lack of budget support by town--penny pinching.

Last modified Acushnet Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.