Amesbury, MA

Posted July 22, 2013
Amesbury school system is consistently one of the worst in Massachusetts. What baffles me is why we have the highest property tax rates in the states and the worst school system. Shouldn't our tax dollars be spent on our childrens education rather than an overly staffed and unnecessary police force? Rather than sending our children to private schools we moved out of Amesbury to a much better district. The public has been waiting 20+years for an improvement in the school system but it has never come.

Posted September 19, 2011
I would never put any child that wants a normal high school experience at amesbury if the administration doesn't like you they are out to get you. I would suggest going to the town next over newburyport because it has better academics and a much stronger athletic program.

Posted January 30, 2010

Amesbury High School 0

Posted October 16, 2009
I love amesbury high school because it has the best teachers! I learned so much from each and every one of the teachers I have had (I graduated in 2009) but I really miss high school! The teachers I had senior year not only taught me how to do math problems, how to write essays, and laws, but they taught me about life. I learned that no matter what situation I am in, even if I am unhappy, I need to make the best of it and try my best in order to make the most of the situation.

Posted June 10, 2009
Poor quality instruction, unhappy teachers I transfered my child to Newburyport in her sophomore year. She actually learns things there.

Amesbury High School 4

Posted March 06, 2009
Most of the teachers at this school are dedicated,interesting professionals who strive to deliver a quality education.The principal is too lenient though on smoking in the bathrooms, petty theft,etc.

Amesbury High School 0

Posted March 05, 2009
The staff aren't particularly knowledgeable and are uninspired. There are also significant disciplinary problems.

Amesbury High School 5

Posted July 16, 2004
I found the staff and the Principal very approachable. The Principal has brought many new programs to the high school and put more emphasis on academics

Amesbury High School 4

Posted March 09, 2004
The Principal is never involved with anything that had to do with the school he is always in his office never getting in with the student to see what they need.

Amesbury High School
5 Highland Street, Amesbury, MA  01913
Last modified Amesbury High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Amesbury High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top