Bad
Good

There are no words in any dictionary in any language that have or ever will exist to describe how absolutely disgusting and dehumanizing this school is to students with disabilities. SHAME ON YOU!!

Not giving any positive reinforecemnt with a child with ADHD, involving Police and Dss about matters that the child isn't comprehending, he copied what he saw last year and now targeted at this school. We as a loving supportive family have unconditional Love and Go to any lengths to help a troubled Teenager or 5th Grader. His Medical records show all this and you ignore it and not have the ability to sit and talk with him, not talk down to him. We pray we find another school that doesn't bring up other family member's mistakes and helps him and my daughter, He is a constant target for the school and I have seen this all year.

Our child is currently attending AMS school and we (child and parents) couldn't be happier with the experience. The teaching staff is exceptional and the administration is extremely organized and accommodating. Prior to attending AMS our child attended a local private school for 6 years. In the last year of attending that school our childs natural "love of learning" had been compromised; no had been lost! As parents we thought this change in attitude was the beginning of the difficult adolescent behavior years; boy were we wrong. The change in attitude toward learning had everything to due with school environment and teaching style. The teachers at AMS have in a very short time rekindled the "natural love of learning" and our child once again looks forward to going to school and is excelling more than ever, giving school work 110% and being rewarded for it!. I can't thank or praise the teaching staff at AMS enough. If I wasn't living this experience I'm not sure I would have belived it as I was one of those people that believed a private education was superior to a public education; boy was I wrong.

My son is on an IEP and the teachers are just simply wonderful -- One of his teachers even takes the extra effort in helping my son read -- She even uses her free time, every other day, to help my son work through the Wilson Reading Program -- How Outstanding and going the Extra Mile is that? :-)

I have two grandsons who attend this school and if the school can motivate them (as it does!) then it is doing a fantastic job with kids at a difficult age.

my 2 children go to this school, it is not a welcoming school, & treats outsiders as horrible people, & go out of there way to make you feel un-welcome

Last modified Amesbury Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.