Posted November 29, 2012
PA is the best high school on the plane. The academics are excellent, the school is a warm, caring environment.All the students strive to be the best they can be. I feel lucky that my daughter was able to attend.

Posted October 18, 2011
Andover is the second most prestigious secondary school on the planet. This school is academically less rigorous than Phillips Exeter Academy (which is the finest secondary school) and as a result tends to be less stressful for her students.

Posted July 25, 2011
Andover is an amazing community. It's been my home for the past two years, and I couldn't have asked for more. Even though it can be a very demanding and stressful place at times, I know that in the end I will look back on my Andover experience, and wish that I could go back to freshman year and do it all over again. In my time here, I have met so many cool people from all over the world and I know that even after I graduate they will remain a part of me forever.

Posted May 14, 2011
The best feeling in the world is finding the right fit for your child. It is never easy to know what that means because each person is so unique. We have three sons and they are all different in their aptitudes, interests and motivation. For our youngest son, PA has been the right fit and we are thrilled for him. This is a very special school but not for the faint of heart. Many students could do very well without such a challenging program but many students are underserved when they are not challenged enough. I recommend PA to all those young people who thrive when the going gets tough because that is where the fun is. Like I said earlier, my older two sons would not have enjoyed PA. They are following their passions and attitudes in places that fit them. Good luck!

Posted April 27, 2011
As parents we could not have found a better school! Our Son got accepted at all of the leading US Boarding schools (exeter, deerfield, choate, St Pauls, etc) and the minute he went back for revisit day he knew and so did we. It has been an experience that far exceeded our expectations. From Faculty to Curriculum to school leadership its the standard that all schools should be measured by. The programs are amazing and the guidance the students receive from the school and amongst themselves is a real benefit! No better place on earth! GO BLUE!

Posted June 28, 2008
I am a current student at Phillips Academy and I have had the pleasure of going through the entire process of Andover. Freshman all the way through. I have attended a public school before attending Andover and the difference is hard to explain. There are more opportunities in an academic sense at Andover then there is at any public school in the nation. If you are accepted to either Andover or any of its peer schools then the opportunities presented to you are indescribable. The stress is high and so is the pace of life but after Andover you can confidently take on anything. There are downsides but to be completely honest, the rewards outweigh the difficulties of this Academy and the people you meet you will know for the rest of your life.

Posted November 17, 2007

Phillips Academy 4

Posted October 16, 2007
- a former student
While I agree that Andover provides many of the wonderful opportunities listed above, it is easy for students to fall through the cracks while their peers outshine them. Andover fails to acknowledge when its students are struggling, and the competitive nature makes it hard for students to admit when they are having trouble. Some of Andover's policies are ludicrous (jsut get a copy of the rule book, the rule book).

Posted May 07, 2007

Phillips Academy 4

Posted March 22, 2006
PA provides students with many opportunities. There are always chances to get involved in theater, debate, economics, science labs, music classes ... lots of options, perhaps too many options. That would be my only complaint; students have so many choices, and the school does not really teach kids how to choose wisely so that they can really concentrate on one or two things. The teachers are great, and the other students are usually excited to learn.

Phillips Academy