Andover, MA
Before care: Yes

Andover School of Montessori 3

Posted November 11, 2014
very regret to let my kid to attend this school some teachers there are well trained politicians. they are willing to find millions of excuses for their actions but do not want to look at the fact. the same is true for their leadership. nobody care about kids if you are not their most favorable ones. not able to offer an healthy, fair environment for little kids to grow would not recommend to other families

Posted February 11, 2014
One of the main things that we value in Montessori curriculum is that they help kids with developing communication and interpersonal skills. My older son was a shy kid and I do remember times when he couldn t keep eye contact or shake principal s hand. I think Montessori school helped to develop his confidence and be able to communicate openly with other kids and adults, express his opinion and share his ideas. Open environment during classes kids are not confined and instead they study in small groups in different class areas depending on what project they are working on. Individual homework plans - my son is good at math and his teachers give him extra work for math trying to adjust for his skill level. Multi-age environment: youngest kids interact directly with the older students and it helps to develop a role model for them. Also the older kids learn patience when dealing with younger students. After Joanna DeStefanis joined the school as Head of School we noticed lots of positive changes. The school is starting a full day Summer program and they also hosts the after school program (before it was YMCA). The activities are more organized and supervised.

Posted November 12, 2013
My kids have been going here for years and I'm very pleased with what they've learned and how well they've been supported emotionally and academically. The staff are dedicated and passionate and my kids are happy. I'm happy!

Posted October 31, 2013
I have an 8-year-old and 3-year-old at ASM. We couldn't be happier! The culture of independent learning is phenomenal! The teachers put so much thought and care into working with each student. At a recent United Nations Day celebration, I asked my young son's teacher how they knew which flag for him to make (celebrating his cultural heritage). I was so impressed when the teacher told me they had gone back and read the letter we sent the school with his application the year before. If more children could attend a school as educationally enriching as ASM, the world would be an amazing place!

Posted October 29, 2013
Andover School of Montessori has very experienced and dedicated teachers, who provide an amazing and comprehensive curriculum. It's a place where children are treated with courtesy, and learn to be leaders and problem solvers. This is a place to prepare your child to thrive in a changing global economy.

Andover School of Montessori 4

Posted October 29, 2013
I was a little worried when our daughter first started with ASM. The transition from daycare to a Montessori program felt extreme, but she transitioned much more quickly than I expected. Quite literally, she pulls me into school every morning and loves telling me about her day. Her independence and confidence has skyrocketed since when she started, only a couple months ago. I love to see the very personal attention every student gets, as shown by the head of school greeting every child that walks into the school in the morning by name and with a welcoming handshake. I am so grateful to have our older daughter there and am excited to have our younger daughter start next year.

Posted October 29, 2013
We have been a parents at ASM for over many years. I have had one child graduate and have another who will in a few years. We have been impressed with the academic and social growth of both of our children. ASM should be advertised as a place that will help your child excel. Each student is given their own curriculum and encouraged to challenge themselves to excel in all areas of study. The real world is not asking adults to memorize and sit at a desk and think like everyone else - and ASM teaches students to be prepared for that world. I highly recommend this school to academically driven families.

Posted October 29, 2013
My kids recently were enrolled in ASM. We couldn't be happier in selecting the school. The kids come home with so much great information and are learning at a very very fast pace. I was worried about the transition from day care environment but due to the program and teachers, it has been a very easy and smooth transition. My husband and I are very confident about the selection we have made and really like the community ASM has to offer. We would highly recommend it to others.

Andover School of Montessori 3

Posted October 29, 2013
This is a great school for the younger grades. I would not recommend it for students after 5th or 6th grade though. Also note that there have been 3 School Directors (Headmasters) in the last 5 years.

Posted October 27, 2013
Our son started at Children's House this past August. This is our first experience with Montessori and we are extremely impressed with the teaching methodology. Our son likes to explore and is extremely curious and is thriving in this extremely supportive and nurturing environment. The school focuses on the overall learning experience, and his personality is shining through. The new head of the school and the Director of Children's House are amazing - key policy decisions are based on the overall experience of the children. It was great to see them put the overall experience of children and their safety above everything else. The teachers are passionate about what they do, and above all, are so kind to children - which was very important to us as our little three year old was going to be away from our watchful eye for the first time. The parent community is very active and close - it's like a cozy family - parents, teachers and students looking out for each other. Our son loves it there - today at Children's Museum he built a "structure" with some blocks, and when asked explained to us that it was Andover School. We are so glad he is attending ASM and loving going to school.

Andover School of Montessori
400 South Main Street, Andover, MA  01810
Last modified Andover School of Montessori is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Andover School of Montessori Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top