K-5 & Ungraded
Arlington, MA

Thompson Elementary School 5

Posted July 13, 2012
Wonderful school with highly committed teachers. We love the diversity, and the more realistic environment this school provides for our children.

Thompson Elementary School 0

Posted March 24, 2010
Thompson is a gem. Except that it is going to be rebuilt over the next few years, it has everything going for it: principal, parents, teachers, community, diversity. We love our school.

Thompson Elementary School 4

Posted February 25, 2010
We loved this school. the teachers were great and the parents are very involved. The diversity is unparalled. Soon, they will will be giving it a major facelift which is important but not really the most important thing in my mind. My daughter got a good academic start.

Thompson Elementary School 4

Posted January 11, 2005
I went here as well as my daughter and soon new child. It's still the great community it was when I was young. Parents and teachers are very involved. The extra activites are fantastic!

Thompson Elementary School 5

Posted April 02, 2004
Volvo or not This Principal is amazing! We moved within Arlington with 2 kids in Thompson to another school district - and hurried back to Thompson after experiencing unexceptable behavior by the principal of one of the newly updated schools in the 'better' neighborhood. Arlington allows school choice and it is worth the short commute to drop off. There are essentially no busses - all neighborhood schools which really builds community. The diversity is unparralled. And this principal goes out of his way to honor every important event in the town relating to cultures represented in his school. Which is the reason they play down the major Christain or American holidays. Why make people feel like they are 'different'? They have made a big sacrifice to leave their families to relocate here. I for one applaude this tradition. Thompson School Rules in Arlington.

Thompson Elementary School 3

Posted March 06, 2004
Thompson school needs major updating in appearance inside and out. It's ironic to observe when the principal drives a brand spanking new Volvo and parks it right in front of a very old and decrepit school. Other than that, the principal is very involved with the school. The parent involvement is unbelievably high and the school encourages it. There are a few things other things that I am guessing is a result of public education that I have problems with: timed (with a cooking timer) parent/teacher meetings -it made me feel rushed and unrelaxed; not getting into the hoidays wether it be christmas, hannukah or halloween; the ease of putting a child in 'special program' because the teacher doesn't want to spend extra time with a particular student - I'm guessing this is a result of high student to teacher ratio.

Thompson Elementary School
60 North Union St, Arlington, MA  02474
Last modified Thompson Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thompson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top