Arlington, MA
Before care: Yes

Posted April 08, 2014
It is amazing how the different aged children at this school all help each other at lunchtime and at recess. The older kids (grades 4 & 5) take the younger kids "under their wings" and frequently go to their class to be reading buddies. They all respect each other and learn from each other. It is a pleasure to work here. We have small classes which allow the students to have wonderful relationships with the teachers and with their classmates.

Posted April 07, 2014
I have a daughter in first grade and one in preschool, both at New Covenant School. This is an AMAZING Christian school a hidden gem in the Boston area. My first grader is learning how to be an "author" (not just writing assignments), and at home is writing poems and publishing her own stories (well, just typing them out, but she is so excited about it!). My first grader started preschool shy, reserved, and quiet. You would never know it now! Through the individual attention, encouragement, and challenging academics she has grown in self-confidence, academic skills and -- most important to me -- depth of character (they emphasize character development throughout everything they do, not just outward "good behavior" but inward "attitude of the heart"). This is a unique Christian school.

Posted April 07, 2014
New Covenant is an incredibly supportive, Christian environment. It's so refreshing to have consistency in what we teach at home and what is learned at school!

Posted April 06, 2014
I am amazed! My daughter is a 4th grader at New Covenant School in Arlington, Massachusetts and has been going there since kindergarten. The Christian / Expeditionary Learning framework allows such deep connection to the subject matter, to the process and final products, to the community, to the others students, and to the faculty. My daughter is joyful, confident, and grounded in both her life and learning and I attribute that so heavily to New Covenant. World class faculty; great visual, performing, and dramatic arts programs; deep spiritual formation and character development, all in a small, nurturing environment -- all at New Covenant.

Posted July 30, 2009
it was a great school great teachers and they really care about the students even though i got in trouble a lot that was my fault but they did handle it very nicely and made me feel like i had a lot of freedom

Posted January 08, 2005
My son started Kindergarten this year. I was impressed by the program but I admit I was waiting for the 'other shoe to drop' once we got in. I figured a small school like this would have some fighting or cliques. No way. I continue to be amazed at the dedication and love that I find here. My son, who is reserved, has really blossomed. The classes mix a lot and he loves the attention of 'the big boys'. My concern was that older kids would introduce worldly concepts to my innocent 5 year old before his time, but the older kids are also sweet and set a good example for the little ones. I like that they keep to reading, writing, and arithmetic. They allow the parents to set the political agenda at home (right or left leaning)and they don't usurp that. Heavy parental involvement.

New Covenant School