5-8 & Ungraded
Athol, MA

Posted May 20, 2014
Horrible school leadership in the High School. I feel that they hire the most unqualified candidates to run this school. Students are treated horribly without respect and any consideration. Do not send your children here if you actually want them to get a good and fair education. Moved here from Boston 10 years ago (moved my practice here) and feel an education in North Korea would be better. School almost lost their accreditation and I can see why.

Athol-Royalston Middle School 4

Posted March 06, 2014
As a graduated student of Athol Royalston Middle School, i am now attending Athol High School and i am proud to be part of the district. As a student at the middle school i attended through grades 6-8 an i recived nothing but respect and a great education. The teachers were friendly and did their best to prepare us for the MCAS testing. Now dont get me wrong I was never an A student infact i was more of a B-C student but the teachers did their best to get me through the rough patches. Both schools have their faults but they are definetly under rated.

Posted December 08, 2013
I am anxious to get my children out of the Athol-Royalston school district. It concerns me that it is a level 4 rated school and they are more concerned with a "shiny" new building than fixing the real problems plaguing their system. Spend and tax strategies will not work here and frankly I am ashamed to have these people inadequately educating my kids. However I am grateful for the intelligence my wife and I are blessed with and can pass on to our children to fill the voids. If they do get their new brick and mortar school it is going to be a huge financial burden on Athol's working poor, after you get your tax bills recognize who pushed for it and vote accordingly at election time!

Athol-Royalston Middle School 5

Posted September 23, 2013
The school has helped my step son like school tho he struggles he truly has made great improvements.

Posted August 23, 2012
Not only did this school fail my son in numerous ways last year, but are still failing him before school even starts. I had signed him up for a Virtual School because I had enough with these schools, I was going to make sure his education was first! Well the school has failed to send back the records requested to finalize his application, resulting in no room as of now! I am ticked beyond belief about this! Something really needs to be done about these schools, if you move here DO NOT let your children go to these schools, they take NO responsibility for their actions!

Posted June 14, 2012
Favoritism and bullying run rampant in this school. How can one expect students not to bully when some of the teachers do it? The education is fair as to be expected for a public school and there are some really great teachers which outweigh the few nasty ones. The school administration should try discretely observing the behavior of some of the staff as some are less mature than the Jr high school children they are teaching. Singling out one of two kids out of a group or making an example out of a student over something trivial is absolutely uncalled for. As a teacher, you cannot base your actions towards a student due to your personal feelings or opinions about a family or individual student. It is your job to treat each student with respect and dignity, regardless of income, religion, household status, gender or sexual orientation.

Athol-Royalston Middle School 4

Posted October 29, 2009
Reading the other reviews....seems like a great deal complaining made by parents who give vague generalizations. I have had 2 children attend and I have had a varied experience. I feel that the teachers are exceptional and very dedicated to the students. Lots of hands on learning and innovative ideas. I have not been especially impressed with the school dress code, as it does not reflect other district schools. Overall, I am pleased with the education my child receives.

Posted June 28, 2009

Posted June 08, 2009
I am very disappointed with this school. This is why I am taking advantage of school choice and getting my child out of this school.

Posted June 12, 2008

Athol-Royalston Middle School
1062 Pleasant St, Athol, MA  01331
Last modified Athol-Royalston Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Athol-Royalston Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top