K-5 & Ungraded
Auburndale, MA

Burr Elementary School 1

Posted June 20, 2013
Repeated requests for evals ignored...facilitator overbearing, principal doesn't listen to parents, overprotective of staff who are failing your child. Completely unhappy & unimpressed.

Posted May 19, 2013
great school - perfect if your child has an IEP - they are AMAZING with the way they help the children with their needs - all kids needs are different!

Posted June 03, 2009
As a parent of color. We have found the Burr School to be amazing place. We have always felt that we were part of the school. The staff and teachers have always made it a point to stay in in touch and keep us involved...

Burr Elementary School 4

Posted November 29, 2007
In response to the concerns of 'a parent of color' (posted 6/27/07) I would suggest getting involved with the Burr School PTO and attending the meetings. It is certainly not exclusive, as every parent is automatically considered a member. Voice your opinions and become active. You will find it to be a very supportive group and a good place to start.

Posted November 28, 2007
Burr school has some really great teachers. It starts from the top with strong leadership from the principal. I have two kids in the school now (K & 5) and will be sending another in 4 years! The Burr School community believes in these core values: Academic Excellence, The Effort and Joy of Learning, A Strong Sense of Community, and Individual Growth and Expression. And these values are reflected in my two kids.

Burr Elementary School 3

Posted June 27, 2007
As a parent of color my experience at this school too often had me wondering what year I was in, 2007 or 1957? I found the curriculum to be presented with full support of the 'Majority ' and very minimal for the 'Minority' The feeling my son left with was that as a man of color he was only a slave in America and that true Americans were white. I found the majority of the community not very welcome to differences and were working hard to remain exclusive under the disguise of 'Higher Standards' and Being 'Conservative.'

Posted April 19, 2007
Two years ago, we moved from Auburndale, and sadly left behind the great staff at the Burr School. I just wanted to say that this is a fine school and that our children prospered here. Like one of the other parents who have reviewed this school, we found that the teachers brought out the best in our children. BrendaLee Ellis

Posted October 25, 2006

Burr Elementary School 3

Posted June 30, 2004

Burr Elementary School
171 Pine St, Auburndale, MA  02466
Last modified Burr Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burr Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top