Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Posted September 05, 2015
Avon is the worst school I've ever attended and I suggest you never send your child there

Avon Middle High School

Posted August 04, 2014
Sorry to give such a poor rating to this school, I've never been there, but my mom is forcing me to go there this school year. I don't even live in Avon! But anyways I don't like the academic or sports standings, I'm especially upset about there being no track team. Wish me luck this year readers, and parents DO NOT make your child miserable and send them here

Avon Middle High School 2

Posted February 22, 2013
I am currently a student here and I am not really happy with this school so much and so are my parents. The opportunities here are VERY limited and I want to live up to my education to the fullest. I'm not saying Avon High is the worst school ever it's just lacking much qualities that a good high school has. There was been changes over the years but not many. I am considering lots of other schools and ready to leave Avon.

Posted August 07, 2010
I don't like how the school is being run. They don't treat every student the same. If your smarter than another student, then your better than them. If you don't do anything wrong and you get sent out of class they don't do anything because your records clean. And teachers shouldn't always be right because there are times when they are wrong. The have the "the teachers are always right so i'm just going to believe them over you" policy. Its not right. My child is a good kid but this school makes him/her out to be a bad one. The school has no hope in my kids or there futures.They shouldn't be telling theses kids what they can and can not do in life. That lowers there expectations alot. And last there are alot of kids struggling in this school that don't get even a chance to get help.

Avon Middle High School 4

Posted October 27, 2006
I am an INVOLVED parent of a child at Avon Middle High School and have read alot of negative feedback about our school. The problem is that the parents that continuosly complain are the one's that are not involved. My child and I are making the best of his education along with ALL the staff at AMHS. I am proud to be a part of the school and community, and as far as the teachers go if you and your child are putting an effort in the teachers support you 100%. Shame on all of you who believe education begins and ends at school. As far as 'racial' issues, there is none, each staff member and student are treated equally. Each school struggles with budget issues but in avon the kids come first...just take a look at where our grads are going to college!

Avon Middle High School 5

Posted November 20, 2004
I am a parent and former student of Avon.As with any education you will get out of it what you put into it.The MCAs scoring are good and improving. The class sizes are small. The one on one attention is excellent, and the mix of students and nationalities is great. The sports teams excel, the administration is helpful, and I for one and extremely pleased with Avon.Check the state site for accurate info. Visit the school, town and students. You will find well balanced, well trained and well meaning people. There is always room for improvement, but Avon is far ahead of most.

Posted September 08, 2004
Avon High School has the benefit of small size and there are no serious racial problems. If you are thinking of moving your child from a school where you feel they are in danger and you have no other options, Avon is a decent choice. However, the education they receive there will be at best poor. The school, although small, often has large class sizes due to limited funding for staff. The MCAS scores are poor, especially in math and resources for educational supplies are very poor due to district expenses for the renovation. Extracurricular activities with the exception of sports are very limited. There is a high turnover of staff and my child has had little continuity in his teachers. Once he finds one he likes, they leave. One of my friends is moving so his child can go elsewhere. This isn't where you want your child to go.

Avon Middle High School 5

Posted August 13, 2004
i am not a parent but i am a current student at avon middle high school and all i have to say is that it is one of the most challenging schools that ive been to children get into trouble not because they are a minority but because they choose to i see more white kids in the office and in detention than i do anyone else. this is a good environment and i think students should take advantage of it, that is why they dont succeed because they dont push themselves to their full potential, they get equal treatment, so before you say anything know the truth and stop talking about the past.

Avon Middle High School 4

Posted May 17, 2004
As a parent of 2 (current) students, I can say, over all I have been very pleased with the education my children have received at Avon High School. Due to my child's determination and with the help of faculty & administration, my child has been accepted into 3 very prestigous universities. You (and your child) get what you put into (your child's) education. I have always found all the teachers & administration very helpful and accomodating. From their award winning sports programs to their clubs & organizations, I believe this school has given (my chidren) what they have asked for. It is also great that every teacher and the administration knows every child by his/her name. What other school can say that?

Posted April 08, 2004
As a parent of current student of color, I have found Avon High to be very resistant to my efforts to support my son in his education. After transferring from Brockton High (for a smaller class size) I found the admininistration to be lacking in representation of any diversity . There is not one person of color on staff- not one. This school is part of the School Choice Program and is at least 60% attended by students of color. Federal monies are given for each non -Avon resident and they are primarily students of color. My attempts at direct communication and redress have been met with resistance , even at the Superintendent level. I am extremely frustrated at the obvious lack of empathy and support for these children - some of whom travel more than one hour every day to get to school.

Avon Middle High School
287 West Main Street, Avon, MA  02322
Last modified Avon Middle High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.