Avon, MA

Avon Middle High School 0

Posted August 04, 2014
Sorry to give such a poor rating to this school, I've never been there, but my mom is forcing me to go there this school year. I don't even live in Avon! But anyways I don't like the academic or sports standings, I'm especially upset about there being no track team. Wish me luck this year readers, and parents DO NOT make your child miserable and send them here

Avon Middle High School 2

Posted February 22, 2013
I am currently a student here and I am not really happy with this school so much and so are my parents. The opportunities here are VERY limited and I want to live up to my education to the fullest. I'm not saying Avon High is the worst school ever it's just lacking much qualities that a good high school has. There was been changes over the years but not many. I am considering lots of other schools and ready to leave Avon.

Avon Middle High School 1

Posted August 07, 2010
I don't like how the school is being run. They don't treat every student the same. If your smarter than another student, then your better than them. If you don't do anything wrong and you get sent out of class they don't do anything because your records clean. And teachers shouldn't always be right because there are times when they are wrong. The have the "the teachers are always right so i'm just going to believe them over you" policy. Its not right. My child is a good kid but this school makes him/her out to be a bad one. The school has no hope in my kids or there futures.They shouldn't be telling theses kids what they can and can not do in life. That lowers there expectations alot. And last there are alot of kids struggling in this school that don't get even a chance to get help.

Avon Middle High School 5

Posted July 30, 2007

Avon Middle High School 2

Posted May 07, 2007

Avon Middle High School 4

Posted October 27, 2006
I am an INVOLVED parent of a child at Avon Middle High School and have read alot of negative feedback about our school. The problem is that the parents that continuosly complain are the one's that are not involved. My child and I are making the best of his education along with ALL the staff at AMHS. I am proud to be a part of the school and community, and as far as the teachers go if you and your child are putting an effort in the teachers support you 100%. Shame on all of you who believe education begins and ends at school. As far as 'racial' issues, there is none, each staff member and student are treated equally. Each school struggles with budget issues but in avon the kids come first...just take a look at where our grads are going to college!

Avon Middle High School 3

Posted July 14, 2005
- a former student

Avon Middle High School 5

Posted November 20, 2004
I am a parent and former student of Avon.As with any education you will get out of it what you put into it.The MCAs scoring are good and improving. The class sizes are small. The one on one attention is excellent, and the mix of students and nationalities is great. The sports teams excel, the administration is helpful, and I for one and extremely pleased with Avon.Check the state site for accurate info. Visit the school, town and students. You will find well balanced, well trained and well meaning people. There is always room for improvement, but Avon is far ahead of most.

Avon Middle High School
287 West Main Street, Avon, MA  02322
Last modified Avon Middle High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Avon Middle High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top