Ayer Middle School 5

Posted May 27, 2009
Diversity is the key factor of Ayer Middle/High School. The kids are all respectful of one another and learn to get along with all kinds of people. The teachers have been fabulous: very motivating, and encouraging of my child's individual talents and needs. I highly recommend it.

Ayer Middle School 4

Posted April 21, 2006
- a former student
Who better to provide a glowing recommendation than a former student? Ayer, while decidedly blue collar, was great. I got everything that I needed to be successful (I attended Smith College for my BA and Yale University for my MA). The teachers were caring and compassionate. I read one review that said if your child is an A/B student they would do fine -- that is absolutely correct. However, if your child is not an A/B student stop blaming teachers and look in the mirror. Academic achivement is learned first from home. I know this because I am now a middle school teacher in NYC. Schooling is what you and your child make of it.

Ayer Middle School 2

Posted February 19, 2005
I have a special needs student at the school,it has been a very long journey to get this child where they are now.They have tried all programs with them,Ido thank the sped department for that.Iwonder if this child were a little more borderline and WE wern't more persistent what would have happend to them.I don't believe the teachers are really equiped to deal with all types of students.They like everybody else want toget thier job done and go home .I have run into alot of teachers that are burned out and just waiting for retirement.Thats when the students lose.The school does not want to admit any mistakes have been made.They will turn it to be all the parents responsibilty,but they are the ones who are responsible for teaching these children.A teacher does make a very comfotble salary this I do know firsthand.So please make the school teach.

Ayer Middle School 1

Posted August 31, 2004
I am a stepparent of a child that attends this school and both my husband and I feel that she is going to fall through the cracks and be pushed on with out being caught up to grade level. We were told last year not to be concerned if her reading level stayed a year or so behind because the local newspapers were written in 5th grade language and the principal told us not to worry about her with times tables alot of students graduate not knowing the basic times table facts. When things were not getting done and her biological mother was not handling things they did not bother to notify my husband to see if he could talk to his daughter about things getting done. We had to fight them and finally got somewhere towards the end of the school year.

Ayer Middle School 3

Posted June 16, 2004
- a former student

Ayer Middle School 2

Posted February 04, 2004
Unfortunately for this school, if you are an A,B grade average student, you will do well in this school. However C, D you might as well head elsewhere. The teachers don't want to put in the effort to teach a 'tough' student. I had a child miss 14 homework assignments and discovered this on my own and had to call an emergency meeting of teachers and principals. I had made myself very available to the school. There was never one ounce of effort made to contact me by anyone including couselors or the principal.

Ayer Middle School