Bad
Good

Barnstable High School has been fabulous for our son! He was at Sturgis Charter for one year and it really turned him off to school as the teachers did not make him feel welcome and were not supportive. What a difference at Barnstable! The teachers were supportive and gave him the structure he needed to succeed. Also, the variety of sports and other activities at BHS is amazing. He loved being part of various sports teams and other activities. We cannot be more thrilled with the combination of academic rigor, supportive teachers, counselors and administrators and extracurricular activities. We're glad he's a BHS Red Raider. This is the best high school on Cape Cod.

I personally think this is one of the best high schools on Cape. The teachers push you hard because they believe you are smart enough to get the work accomplished, they even try to make the classes fun. I have been going here since I was in 8th grade and I'm going to be a junior this year and I think I have received an amazing education. The sports are also great and most seem to do very well. There are definitely groups of kids I don't like but you'll have that in every school. Just DO the work and you'll do great with the help of awesome guidance counselors that can talk you through almost anything and are very helpful with college readiness.

i love my school. I've been there since eighth grade and couldn't be more happy with my academic and athletic achievements. I'm challenged every day academically and i love all of my teachers. The only thing that isn't excellent is the student life because of the administration's fear of accidents.

I am currently a junior and am very pleased with my progress at Barnstable High School. The opportunities are immense and the teachers are very open, caring, and sometimes even humorous in their teachings.

Good overall learning enviroment, many opportunities there.

Last modified Barnstable High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.