Bedford, MA

John Glenn Middle School 5

Posted March 25, 2015
From the beginning, I was impressed at how thoughtful curriculum planning is at this school. They really value holistic learning - so not just academics but on study skills and life skills that help ensure success long after a child moves on from here. Scheduling is set up so students can receive extra help without a stigma for needing tutoring since everyone has a period where the time can be used flexibly including time for groups to work on projects or for students to work on homework. I also love how intentional the administration is to ensure that there is clear continuity in learning programs between the two elementary schools and the middle school.

John Glenn Middle School 5

Posted December 08, 2014
My son is in his second year at JGMS and he loves it. My husband and I were impressed with his teachers last year, and we're even more impressed this year. They are clearly passionate about teaching and they want to see their students succeed. When we e-mail teachers, we get quick responses. The communication from the front office has improved a lot since last year, thanks to the new weekly newsletters. :) My son was encouraged by his gym teacher to try cross-country, which was fantastic! He's not a super athletic kid, but that encouragement did wonders for his self-esteem and now he loves running. Just a really great, great school with kind, enthusiastic teachers. I hope 8th grade is even better!!!

John Glenn Middle School 4

Posted July 29, 2011
A good place. Remarkably flexible and encouraging of different types of kids. Language program (French/Spanish) continues from 3rd grade; differentiation in 7th/8th grade for English and Math, awesome gifted teacher. Staff is mostly excellent teachers who seem to like their jobs and to engage the kids. Nice building, renovated extensively about 5 years ago. My two very different daughters have both been happy and well -educated here. A note on the 2004 review: the principal mentioned there has been gone a few years now.

John Glenn Middle School 4

Posted February 02, 2009
I like this school a lot and this is my second year attending (7th grade). It is a great school system. Most of the teachers are kind and helpful and the whole feeling is very friendly.

John Glenn Middle School 1

Posted June 22, 2008
Not impressed at all. My child attended this school last year (sixth grade), and the whole school is popuated with some of the most uncaring, cold, unprofessional teachers I have ever had to deal with. Teachers and staff are rude, irritated and they do not return calls or emails.

John Glenn Middle School 3

Posted June 10, 2004
Principle is always correct .Always ..Just ask him ..................................

John Glenn Middle School
99 McMahon Road, Bedford, MA  01730
Last modified John Glenn Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Glenn Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top