Beverly, MA

Posted December 17, 2014
This is our second year to attend St. Mary School-Beverly and it is still everything we had hoped for in the education for our child. The curriculum is impressive, ESPECIALLY compared to other schools we have visited in the area. The class sizes are smaller allowing the educators to offer quality time for each student. The teaching staff, principal, students & parents have really made our family feel like a part of the community. We are so fortunate to have found St. Mary school.

Posted July 31, 2013
My son started in Pre-School and is about to go off to kindergarten at St. Mary's. He is already reading books (and not the simple ones either) and doing math in his head. Their commitment to learning is exceptional and it is worth the money to continue to send him and my other children to this school. (My second child starts pre school in the fall as well).

St Mary School 1

Posted June 21, 2013
There are many other parochial schools on the North Shore to choose from, so choose wisely. The retirement of the current principal may help this school, however, there are still some teachers there that should not be "teaching".

Posted November 26, 2011
St. Mary's is a fantastic school. As a recent graduate currently enrolled in a nearby public high school, I can say that I was well-prepared at SMS. All teachers at the school are fantastic and truly care about their work, and the current principal is awesome. The curriculum is rigorous and challenging, but the teachers are willing to help students through things they may not understand. The school is very religious, but I never saw a student be excluded if they were not Catholic or even Christian. One of the highlights of the school is the annual 'Culturama,' which is a science/history fair kind of academic competition. Participating in Culturama for 3 years really helped prepare me for the big projects and papers I have to do now. There are not many extracurricular activities at the school, which is the only complaint I'd say I had about it. It's a truly great place.

St Mary School 0

Posted March 28, 2009
Well, my experience was interesting. My son was a non-Catholic in a Catholic school, which did not bother me at all when I first enrolled him. But what I found was the 'exclusion' factor from the children. He was treated 'differently' by the children despite his upbeat personality and his great grades. Teachers were nice but not as pro-active with the behavioral issues that were obvious at times with some of the kids. We are switching to public.

Posted February 16, 2008
I have three children that attend this school. All have received a tremendous education. All are socially well adjusted. And all three are receiving the highest level of education that I as a Parent could want for them. There is tremendous respect between the children there, and it is not only fueled by the Christian atmosphere, but fostered by programs that the School implements. The older children are taught to assist and be guidance for the younger ones, and this interaction happens and is achieved within the classrooms of the younger students. The recent academic accreditation of the School ranked it amongst the highest in the region. The teachers there are involved, both in school as well as with the after school programs which are many. Drama, Band, Basketball, cross country along with many others. My children will be contributors to society, thanks to their experience at this School.

St Mary School 4