No rating

Harborlight-Stoneridge Montessori School

Private | PK-8 | 290 students

Living in Beverly

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $296,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,160.

In the know: Get our expert advice on schools

No articles are available

Posted April 29, 2014

the most amazing group of Infant and Toddler professional teachers, warm, nurturing and mindful of the incredible capabilities of infants and toddlers. it is a joy to work with them everyday.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted January 13, 2014

My children are in their third year at Harborlight and i continue to be amazed by how rich the Montessori learning experience is. This school places an emphasis on community, mutual respect and inspires an authentic love of learning. We are so fortunate and so blessed to be at this school.

Posted September 29, 2013

I have been attending this school for over 10 years and it's been such a wonderful experience :). The teachers here are always willing to help a student in need of assistance. You get to learn at your own pace, and everyone is extremely nice and accepting. Starting from the time I attended this school i have had nothing but happy moments and nice teachers. The real negative i have to say is that teachers seem to rotate a lot (The good ones always stay though). The school is great and I would recommend it to anyone!!! Also there was a previous comment about a kid who claimed that teachers had singled him out, which is false! I knew him and he was a complete troublemaker he was rude and disrespecting. He had to leave because he was viewing inappropriate material on his computer. I LOVE THIS SCHOOL ^.^ - Student of Class of 2014

Posted September 20, 2013

We've been at Harborlight-Stoneridge for over fours years and we as parents, and my son as student, could not be happier. He learns more in each year than I'd have thought you possibly could and he loves it. The program is truly a curriculum for the 21st century in that it builds in high standards for character, collaboration, independent thinking and a true love of learning.

Posted December 29, 2012

The administration and some teachers were just plain rude. I attended for 1 month and they "pinpointed" me as a bad kid when I know in my heart of hearts I did nothing wrong. I don't recommend this school to anybody. It's their fault they are getting such a low review.

Posted August 2, 2010

We consider ourselves extremely fortunate to have found Harborlight for our children. Our children have found this school to be their home away from home and the faculty their extended family. It is near impossible to put into words the value of the education they are receiving that puts them head and shoulders above their peers, but even more valuable to us as their parents is the people they are becoming! It is worth every cent of tuition and we also appreciate the many families who are part of our lives through the school's generous financial aid program. Our children have attended the infant-toddler program, early childhood/kindergarten and elementary...we are staying because of the middle school!

Posted January 10, 2010

I have been teaching at H.M.S for over 5 years. It is an amazing school full of truly inspiring staff, but more importantly amazingly gifted children. I advise anyone interested to stop on in for a tour !
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted January 27, 2009

Well i go to this school in the middle school, and it is amazing! It isn't a normal middle school, it is very unique. We learn at our own pace, and if you want to excellerate in something you can. Or if you want to go slower, you can. We are very individualized in some sbujects and grouped together in other subjects. overall THE BEST SCHOOL!!!
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 10, 2009

Both of my children attend. This is school is beyond the normal. My just turned 5 year old reads, writes, and speaks basic spanish. Most of all they LOVE TO LEARN because of that they are shown. One problem is $$$$$ rates are going up again and might be out of out range.

Posted February 21, 2007

Both of my children attend this school, one in the toddler program and the other in the preschool. Activities for children are plentiful and creative, with an emphasis on enabling children to do practical life tasks for themselves, giving kids an appreciation for the environment, and teaching children to respect themselves and each other. We have been very pleased with the progress both of our kids have made, and with how nurturing their teachers are. It's a great school for kids who thrive in an atmosphere that encourages self-direction and independent learning.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 8% 6%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• NAEYC
  • NAIS
Fax number
  • (978) 922-0594

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori