Billerica, MA

Locke Middle School 1

Posted February 26, 2015
This is my daughter's first year there and typically a happy kid who always does the right thing, solid grades etc. With hesitation we allowed her to go here and I wish we had pursued another path. There are some good teachers (like every school) but the constant complaint I hear is that there is a lot of favortism amongst the bad teachers (she is on the "B" team so I can only speak for that team). Like the other review mentioned, students are graded differently if they are not the teacher's pet and the excuse for the points taken off are typically ridiculous. We caught the math teacher taking her frustration out on the group my daughter was in and the other kids in the class couldn't understand why the teacher was targeting that group when they did nothing wrong. There is a lot of "let's just not talk about it" going on in the school. The staff needs a lot of work as far as how they speak to their students and the environment they create. I feel the quality of education is lacking - which explains why in school ratings this place is only getting 4 out of 10!

Locke Middle School 3

Posted April 02, 2014
It is a decent school. One of the 7th grade English teachers is very good.

Locke Middle School 3

Posted May 23, 2012
I have had good and bad experiences at the Locke middle school, there are some wonderful teachers, who truely step up to the plate and help their students wether it is something in acedemics or bullying and then there are some teachers, who play the favorite card and grade students differently depending if the student is a teachers pet. I beleive if they have a classroom contract that they have to follow it just as much as the parents and the students. My son suffered some pretty aweful bullying there and it was a usual slap on the wrist and one of those bullies even got an outstanding student award. Like I said I have had good experiences there and bad ones, just stay on your toes.

Locke Middle School 2

Posted February 01, 2012
Poor classroom management and professional ethics prevent positive outcomes for students. Teachers are not up to date on research and instructional methods. Consistently "shoot for the middle." Activities are not accessible to all students.

Posted July 17, 2011
Good School. Hard working staff. They work with a diverse school Community and do a great job.

Posted March 25, 2010
Wonderful school, coming from a tough place the new administration's hard nosed commitment to bettering the school environment has paid immediate and long lasting dividend's. This school is heading in the right direction, bringing in new, connected teachers who have the ability and the 'want to' to communicate with both parents and students. 5 Stars from me.

Posted December 21, 2008
The Locke is a great school. The teachers are great. I think it's the best middle school in the state. It's awesome!!!

Locke Middle School
110 Allen Road, Billerica, MA  01821
Last modified Locke Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Locke Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top