PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Made sure ISEE preparation was implemented. Worked hard to ensure success on this exam for all students

Develops character: Strongly agree

Strong ethos of caring and accountability. Religious principles of the catholic faith form the foundation of this school

Excellent school, caring teachers and staff. Our child looks forward to each and every day. We couldn't be happier with SBCA.

Wonderful school! I have had two children go to this school. From the small classrooms to the dedicated teachers and leadership committed to the children it has been a great fit. My children are not just being taught through books and tests they are having values instilled in them. Faith, compassion, kindness are all important parts to nurture in our children today and that is definitely what they strive to do at SBCA.

This is truly the 'little school that could!' After considering several expensive private schools in Boston, we took a chance with SBCA. Ok, it's not in Back Bay, and the tuition is a quarter of most others, so it lacks in snob appeal. However, importantly, it is a great little school! Yes, a fabulous, safe school in South Boston, with great teachers who actually care. My two sons were welcomed with open arms by the school and staff and it has been excellent from day one. We transferred from London, England and were used to excellent schooling so naturally we were anxious about the curriculum and teachers. Would the class work be rigorous and challenging enough, particularly for my year six child who is quite academic. Our concerns soon vanished after seeing the level of work our children were doing and witnessing the high standard of teaching. Both year 6 teachers, Ms. Richardson and Ms. Moriarty, helped my son during a very challenging first term and guided him thru his ISEE exam preparation keeping us in the loop during the entire process. We look forward to him entering Boston Latin School in the fall. I am confident our sons could not have achieved a better schooling anywhere.

It is the best school in this community.In three months I saw a lot of progress on my son, the teachers are high qualified,friendly and very committed.The principal and also the whole staff are dedicated and very hard worker. Children and parents are treated with respect,professionally and very welcoming.The excellent education is always worth every penny..S.B.C.A. is the school for my kids.

This is a wonderful neighborhood school, a rare thing these days! While there has been turnover with the principal, one need only look to the staff for reassurance. There is VERY LOW staff turnover. They are excellent, committed teachers. There is also a very professional and consistent staff (secrretary, custodian, counselor, etc.). It is a safe, welcoming and comfortable environment. The parents, pastor and priests are very involved in the school on a daily basis, and that sends a wonderful message to the kids. The children do have music, art, computeer lab and library time. There are extra curricular acitivities like CYO sports and scouting. I am very thankful that the pastor is committed enough to the school to be willing to make tough choices, like letting go a principal who was not working out. That shows true commitment to the children's best interests and I am grateful for it!

The problem I have with St. Brigid's is the high turnover rate of the principals. My wife and I are considering a new school for our kids for the 2008 schoolyear.

Last modified South Boston Catholic Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-6