Boston, MA

Shaloh House Jewish Day School 4

Posted May 10, 2014
I am a parent with two kids that are currently attending Shaloh House. I strongly recomend the Kindergarten Junior class. The teachers are so wonderful, they found a perfect blend between play and academics. In less then a year, my child started to understand, speak and read Hebrew with no knowledge of it prior to the class. As well the teachers cover Math and English. The kids get lots of play, music, gym and art. I heard that Shaloh House Kindergarten class is as impressive. My child does not want to leave the school when I come to pick her up! which to me says alot. The uppers classes are a different story. I am on the fence this year. Some teachers are great. The Math and English and Judaics teachers are wonderful with a gift for instilling love of their subject. There are lots of fun projects that the teachers come up with, including science fair, creative inventions fair and poetry jams. The whole school gets excited for these events and the kids have lots of fun participating and supporting their pears. Some other teachers need improvement. I do feel that the school is a little disorganized and can use some direction. They need to create a community.

Shaloh House Jewish Day School 1

Posted March 02, 2014
This school is yet another example of a poorly run Yeshiva. They claim they are academically advanced and provide a rigorous curriculum but what they are really doing is teaching children to memorize and regurgitate math facts. The Rosh Yeshiva is rude, disrespectful, and inconsiderate. If you don't speak Russian don't bother contacting them, they won't want anything to do with you. This school is does not conform at all to usual welcoming and heimish environments one usually finds at Chabad organizations.

Posted August 18, 2010
Shaloh House is unique for the incredibly high level of academic excellence combined with the relaxed joy of learning students feel. The teachers are supportive, kind and nurturing. The administration is always responsive. Small class sizes mean individual attention on a level that is unparalleled. I am so grateful that a friend encouraged us to take a look at Shaloh House. It is a tremendously positive learning and growing opportunity for our child.

Posted July 19, 2010
Best kept secret in town, this school has everything a parent would ask for, small classrooms, dedicated attention to each child, positive attitude, variety of skills and knowledge, advanced level in teaching, variety of extracurricular activities (music, sports), hot breakfast/lunch served on premises and best of all highly talented and inspiring staff, leaders and teachers. My kids love going to school, I never heard them say the contrary in several years. Very Highly Recommend! MD

Posted July 15, 2010
Every parent wonders if what they are doing for their child is right. Every year that my children attend Shaloh house, I know that it is right. Every year they advance academically, artistically, musically and physically. The school's staff is amazing!

Posted July 14, 2010
Great school, very dedicated staff and high academic standards. School also has a nice summer camp.

Posted February 02, 2010
Very good school. I have my children in both pre-school and elementary school, and we all extremely happy.

Posted March 13, 2006
Great school. High academic standards for both religious and secular education. frienldy atmosphere. no religious pressure on parents. children are well loved and cared for.

Posted November 15, 2004
My daughter has been going to Shaloh House for several years and she is very happy there. Shaloh House is a growing Jewish Day school which is unique in that it combines quality Torah and secular education with arts and physical activity. Every week, my daughter has gymnastics, karate, art and music. Other extra curricular activities include chess and Russian. The staff creates a warm and enthusiastic learning environment.

Shaloh House Jewish Day School
29 Chestnut Hill Avenue, Boston, MA  02135
Last modified Shaloh House Jewish Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Shaloh House Jewish Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top