Public charter
Boston, MA

Posted August 26, 2014
Argggg!!! FYI: Their = possession There = place or position CoaH was a great school the years my son was there. I let him transfer to public school for his senior year (athletic reasons ONLY) and I noticed the huge difference in communication between teachers, administration, parents, etc. I knew basically ALL the teachers at CoaH, even those that didn't teach my son! I was so miserable in a public school (as a parent) and couldn't wait for the year to be over. It was the worse year of my son's high school career (for me). As far as Dudley, if you tell your child NOT to go to Dudley then they won't be around the drug addicts and alcoholics, if they listen to you. Some of you should go sit in the classroom, see what your children are learning, take some notes, then come back and comment...

Posted August 19, 2014
City on a Hill II Communication is extremely poor, the staff is very inconsistent with there policies there lack of follow through and limited student support, initially I was informed during an orientation that they have a mentor program I have yet to see one and have offered programs such as Mass Mentoring and no follow up by the staff at COAH, I also had some cirrculum concerns and contacted the head of education COAH 1 and to date have not received a return call. I have spoken to students and families that are no longer involved in the school and they reported across the board that the schools focus is discipline not education. Moving: We were informed the move to the new school location would take place before 2014, the move took place the end of the school year 4 weeks left to school right in the heart of Dudley station by all the drug addicts and alcoholics, If you are invested in your children's education you must stay on top of this staff and hold them accountable to the same standards they hold our children. Best of luck!

Posted August 19, 2014
I charge DOE to survey all participants applicants parents current and former students on the rating for city on a Hill II we are funding these schools and not holding them accountable to what they have committed to do, we are afraid to hear the truth yes there are some success stories, we all agree no child left behind, they are unable to deal with students with day to day challenges, low income, lack of food or shelter unfortunately I am unable to rate the staff or school, however the system does not allow, Marty Walsh you need to clean this house immediately I would save Madison Park before this school.

Posted July 02, 2014
City on a Hill is an excellent choice for any student who wants to make it to, and succeed in college. The faculty push you to be nothing but your best throughout your entire four-year academic career. Sooner or later, being your best becomes second nature, and that is what leads you to your own success.

City On A Hill Charter Public School 3

Posted March 15, 2011
It is my firm belief, that if the school does not address the need for teachers to be able to identify learning disorders, however slight it may be, they will end up hurting more students than helping. More professional development is needed at this school.

City On A Hill Charter Public School 3

Posted August 24, 2010
As a parent of a current CoaH student I do not feel the other reviews accurately portray this school. I do believe that as with many schools in and around the Boston area there a several areas of CoaH's program that could be improved. I encourage parents to get/stay/be involved in your child's education and keep communication lines open with teachers and administrators. CoaH's small community allows for academic and social issues to be handled in an expedient manner, and gives students the opportunity to feel part of a meaningful community. I agree that many students do not take full advantage of what is offered at CoaH, but I feel that some of that is due to the lack of support from parents/guardians. I have given CoaH a 3 star rating partly because I feel the school needs to do a better job in recruiting minority teachers & administrators.

Posted April 01, 2008
As a former student at city on a hill the school is a great place to develop a great education. the teachers and the studens have a great bond and academiclly wise the techaers help the students with anything they need help with.coah is a great school thta has great opportunities. .A.V CLASS OF 2010

Posted June 25, 2006
I am not a parent but a former student of City on a Hill (COAH). I started there in 2003 and left there in 2005. I believe that COAH is a horrible school for many reasons (1) the administration and teachers do not take the students seriously when they are being harassed (2) the total atmosphere of the school is negative (3) teachers do not take enough time to help students when they do not understand material (4) countless teachers have left because of behavior issues in the school (5) safety is not guaranteed and (6) academic success is hard to measure given how many people are kept back or sent to summer school.

Posted October 30, 2004
To the comment made by the last review the children make a choice when in classes. That's what high school is about making choices. COAH is an excellent so if you would want your child to receive support and get the materials the right way. In BPS you would have a class size of 25+ but at COAH there would no more than 18 students and the ratio between teachers and students are great also. As i past student of COAH i feel as if that last review was horrible and totally incorrect. Many students at COAH do not take advantage of the good this the school has to offer to them. Those students that take the time to briad hair in class are those who are failing. Due to the fact that they made the choice to not take the time of study hall and to actually study.COAH is great.

Posted May 09, 2004
City On A Hill Is a horrible school. I would not want anyone tp put there child throught the things my child goes through. The children do not learn, and the teachers do not teach. During study hall time children get the hair braided and play cards. Children also look at adult material on the internet during school time in the school. City on a hill is a horrible school and no child should go there

City On A Hill Charter Public School
58 Circuit Street, Boston, MA  02119
Last modified City On A Hill Charter Public School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
City On A Hill Charter Public School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top