Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Worse experience ever. Please do not send your child to this school. This school needs to be held accountable for what they do to their students. I don't understand how so many students are failing and attending summer school. Just doesn't make sense to me. All students do is fight. Fights take place on a regular basis. Bullying is out of control and the teachers do not seem to be much help. The school is out of control. No structure whatsoever. When it comes to charter schools, please do your homework. All charter schools aren't good. My child and I learned the hard way.

Argggg!!! FYI: Their = possession There = place or position CoaH was a great school the years my son was there. I let him transfer to public school for his senior year (athletic reasons ONLY) and I noticed the huge difference in communication between teachers, administration, parents, etc. I knew basically ALL the teachers at CoaH, even those that didn't teach my son! I was so miserable in a public school (as a parent) and couldn't wait for the year to be over. It was the worse year of my son's high school career (for me). As far as Dudley, if you tell your child NOT to go to Dudley then they won't be around the drug addicts and alcoholics, if they listen to you. Some of you should go sit in the classroom, see what your children are learning, take some notes, then come back and comment...

City on a Hill II Communication is extremely poor, the staff is very inconsistent with there policies there lack of follow through and limited student support, initially I was informed during an orientation that they have a mentor program I have yet to see one and have offered programs such as Mass Mentoring and no follow up by the staff at COAH, I also had some cirrculum concerns and contacted the head of education COAH 1 and to date have not received a return call. I have spoken to students and families that are no longer involved in the school and they reported across the board that the schools focus is discipline not education. Moving: We were informed the move to the new school location would take place before 2014, the move took place the end of the school year 4 weeks left to school right in the heart of Dudley station by all the drug addicts and alcoholics, If you are invested in your children's education you must stay on top of this staff and hold them accountable to the same standards they hold our children. Best of luck!

I charge DOE to survey all participants applicants parents current and former students on the rating for city on a Hill II we are funding these schools and not holding them accountable to what they have committed to do, we are afraid to hear the truth yes there are some success stories, we all agree no child left behind, they are unable to deal with students with day to day challenges, low income, lack of food or shelter unfortunately I am unable to rate the staff or school, however the system does not allow, Marty Walsh you need to clean this house immediately I would save Madison Park before this school.

City on a Hill is an excellent choice for any student who wants to make it to, and succeed in college. The faculty push you to be nothing but your best throughout your entire four-year academic career. Sooner or later, being your best becomes second nature, and that is what leads you to your own success.

It is my firm belief, that if the school does not address the need for teachers to be able to identify learning disorders, however slight it may be, they will end up hurting more students than helping. More professional development is needed at this school.

As a parent of a current CoaH student I do not feel the other reviews accurately portray this school. I do believe that as with many schools in and around the Boston area there a several areas of CoaH's program that could be improved. I encourage parents to get/stay/be involved in your child's education and keep communication lines open with teachers and administrators. CoaH's small community allows for academic and social issues to be handled in an expedient manner, and gives students the opportunity to feel part of a meaningful community. I agree that many students do not take full advantage of what is offered at CoaH, but I feel that some of that is due to the lack of support from parents/guardians. I have given CoaH a 3 star rating partly because I feel the school needs to do a better job in recruiting minority teachers & administrators.

As a former student at city on a hill the school is a great place to develop a great education. the teachers and the studens have a great bond and academiclly wise the techaers help the students with anything they need help with.coah is a great school thta has great opportunities. .A.V CLASS OF 2010

Last modified City On A Hill Charter Public School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.