Bad
Good

Ellis Elementary School 4

Posted March 21, 2013
my son's been there since k1 and honestly loves his school and teachers.I think they've improved ALOT as a school very content with there educational system

Ellis Elementary School 5

Posted March 11, 2011
I have very fond memories of being a student at David A. Ellis, and the Annex as well. While in the 4th grade, I was chosen to participate in the IMPACT program. I'm not even sure if the accelerated learning program is still in use. It surely was just the boost toward excellence I needed. I was a quiet, shy child and could very easily have disappeared into the background of a bustling class. What I got from the whole concept of "community" in the class was invaluable, and gave me the confidence I needed to continue on to UC Berkeley to receive my Ms degree. Hey, they don't still have those wax paper straws in the lunch room, do they? They always fell apart before my milk was gone! lol. Oh the memories!

Ellis Elementary School 4

Posted January 08, 2011
I VERY CLEARLY REMEMBER MY DAYS AT DAVID A. ELLIS ELEMENTARY AND DAVID A. ELLIS ANNEX BACK IN 1962-1966 I ALSO ATTENDED HENRY L. HIGGINSON ELEMENTARY IT WAS BEHIND JEWISH MEMORIAL HOSPITAL THESE WERE MY FORMATIVE YEARS AND THESE SCHOOLS AND TEACHERS ESTABLISHED AND EXCELLENT FOUNDATION FOR ME AT A VERY EARLY AGE. I WILL ALWAYS CHERISH THOSE DAYS AND MEMORIES.

Ellis Elementary School

Posted January 04, 2008
The David A. Ellis has awesome teachers, but I don't think they get the recognition they deserve. It's a lot of hard work and dedication to teach inner city children that are growing up in a environment thats often riddled with violence and drugs that has stund the community as well as the children in it. I think that the headmaster as well as his staff members are doing an excellent job implementing the necessary academic skills that our children need in order to be successful adults.

Ellis Elementary School
302 Walnut Avenue, Boston, MA  02119
Last modified Ellis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.