PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

They will make promises and convince you that your child is receiving the services they need but they don't deliver.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Sure, if you have always wanted to visit North Korea.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Most have just received their teaching certificate and are very inexperienced.

Not in a million years would I send a child here. The principal is more like a dictator and the teaching staff are walking through a revolving door – never there for more than a year. I got my kid out of this place very quickly and have never looked back. The facility is very outdated so much so that the teachers don't even have Internet access to computers. Stay away!

My son was not quite 4 when he started at this school, 3 days a week. He was supposed to have gone into the preschool class but he was put in a higher level class. He was so unhappy he cried and didn't want to be left there. After 2 days the preschool teacher talked with him and brought him into her class and he loved it there. After about 7 or 8 months he was moved back to the higher level class where he was not allowed to nap and it was like a regular elementary school class. He was very unhappy in this class, the teacher was horrible and complained that my son did not know math and was holding up the rest of the class! He was still only 4! I was lucky that I was able to move him out of there very quickly. I wanted him to go to a school/day care environment so that he would meet other children and have exposure to school. This was the worst place I could have picked.

My son attends this school and I am tired of him coming home unhappy. When I ask what he is learning, he says "nothing." In addition, he said that one of his teachers openly embarrassed him, saying he stinks and needs deodorant. How professional is that? I regret sending him here and am in process of seeking a transfer for him. I need to know that my child is in an academic environment where he is well respected and actually learning. It's a shame. When I was a kid, the quality of schools was so much better.

We love the school and the children are well cared for and treated kindly. Staff are warm and friendly. My child started in the day care and is now in the elementary school program and his brother is in the daycare. I have always felt good about the care and the education. If I ever have had a problem I have been responded to quickly and positively. This is a great school

This is a great educational center. The staff are warm and friendly and it is a community with three different programs including a new adult Day Habilitation Program for young adults with severe special needs. My child attended the preschool program and then the elementary school. I am very happy with the care and education she received.

Do not send your child to this school. My friend worked there and she quit. The Principal is awful, she talks down to the teachers. If you call out sick you are basically in the "dog house" till you earn her respect again. And the others aide were always using their cell, for FACEBOOK, during classes. So, would you want your child going to this school while he/she's aide is using FACEBOOK during school hours. Also, ask any of the teachers "how long have you worked here?". All <2 years!!

I really don't understand the bad reviews about this school. We visited about 20 places in Brighton, Arlington and Boston before deciding on this one. My daughter spent 3 years there starting at 3 months old and we were very satisfied with it. Most of the teachers were very loving and caring. Even though we can afford a more expensive daycare, this is the one we chose and were happy with our decision. The only thing is that a lot of the kids come with the school bus so we never met the parents, therefore never had playdates.

Last modified Kids Are People Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6