Posted October 09, 2013
My son attends this school and I am tired of him coming home unhappy. When I ask what he is learning, he says "nothing." In addition, he said that one of his teachers openly embarrassed him, saying he stinks and needs deodorant. How professional is that? I regret sending him here and am in process of seeking a transfer for him. I need to know that my child is in an academic environment where he is well respected and actually learning. It's a shame. When I was a kid, the quality of schools was so much better.

Posted October 07, 2013
We love the school and the children are well cared for and treated kindly. Staff are warm and friendly. My child started in the day care and is now in the elementary school program and his brother is in the daycare. I have always felt good about the care and the education. If I ever have had a problem I have been responded to quickly and positively. This is a great school

Posted October 07, 2013
This is a great educational center. The staff are warm and friendly and it is a community with three different programs including a new adult Day Habilitation Program for young adults with severe special needs. My child attended the preschool program and then the elementary school. I am very happy with the care and education she received.

Posted January 26, 2013
Do not send your child to this school. My friend worked there and she quit. The Principal is awful, she talks down to the teachers. If you call out sick you are basically in the "dog house" till you earn her respect again. And the others aide were always using their cell, for FACEBOOK, during classes. So, would you want your child going to this school while he/she's aide is using FACEBOOK during school hours. Also, ask any of the teachers "how long have you worked here?". All <2 years!!

Kids Are People Elementary School 4

Posted November 06, 2012
I really don't understand the bad reviews about this school. We visited about 20 places in Brighton, Arlington and Boston before deciding on this one. My daughter spent 3 years there starting at 3 months old and we were very satisfied with it. Most of the teachers were very loving and caring. Even though we can afford a more expensive daycare, this is the one we chose and were happy with our decision. The only thing is that a lot of the kids come with the school bus so we never met the parents, therefore never had playdates.

Posted December 10, 2011
I absolutely do NOT recommend sending your child here. Teachers are treated so terribly that even the best of them will become embittered. Students are greatly affected by such a negative and stressful environment. The principal may once have had a good idea for a school many years ago, but she has lost any positive energy for her original motives to help students.

Posted July 12, 2011
I would not reccomend that your child attends this school. The principle talks down to all the children and staff and only cares about the money that the school brings in. Teachers dont have enough tools to provide proper education to the students. If your child does go here, ask the teacher how long she has been working there, I would guess him/her would say a year or under.

Posted December 31, 2010
Maybe in 2006 this was a good school to send your children to, but it is NOT anymore. This elementary school isn't even approved. Students ranging in age by up to six years are placed in the same class and teachers are not given the resources necessary to teach them well. Employees are treated like dirt and the director has no idea what a good education looks like, nor does she care about the students. It's unfortunately a good concept that is poorly managed and a huge injustice to the students. DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS HERE! Also, don't ever work here, as it will be the most miserable experience of your life.

Posted June 02, 2010
My daughter attends this school. I love the small class sizes and individual attention she receives. I also love the wonder field trips the students participate in. The reading program is great and it has been a wonderful experience for her.

Kids Are People Elementary School 0

Posted April 23, 2010
I worked there for less than a year. This was the most stressful experience of my teaching career. The owner is more concerned about money than the well being of the students of staff, we were constantly looking over our shoulders, teachers were encouraged 'tell' on each other. Worst of all, we were discouraged from communicating too much with parents. This was completely out of line with any teaching model I have worked with. The concept of the school is great but please send your kids somewhere else. You will know right away what I am taking about when you notice how unhappy all the teachers are.

Kids Are People Elementary School
Po Box 15656, Boston, MA  02215
Last modified Kids Are People Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Kids Are People Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top