Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted May 19, 2016
Thanks Phil for letting Eastie become the trash heap it is now u did so good!

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 19, 2016
Very little preparation , teachers say often that they get their pay checks no matter what they say to us.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted May 19, 2016
Doesn't matter how much you got the teacher would still give u whatever grade they felt like giving you

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted May 19, 2016
I feel like this school just makes people hopeless with their lives I've seen it in so many kids. Too many.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 19, 2016
You lose respect for people because you realize how unfair everything is it really makes u hate everything.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 19, 2016
Like I said before unfair grading system teachers just give u what they feel like doesn't matter about the work that you do

East Boston High School 1

Posted May 19, 2016
I'm gonna be the first one to say it but Eastie is a poor example of a High School we should've lost out creditation back in 2015 I honestly don't know how we kept it. I've witness kids pass classes without doing any work literally cutting deals with teachers for grades everyone that works there does not follow any of the rules especially disciplinary administrators oh and I've heard multiple accounts of Mr cauley being a little weird around the female students if you know what I mean. Eastie is not a fair school to go to at all you could do your stuff and still fail I've witnessed some very smart kids that I personally know fail classes that have never got an f before in their life. My point being with all this is something has to be done and idk how to send this to Boston public schools anonymously so if someone could do the kids justice that would be great.

Posted August 27, 2012
I graduated in 2008 and I had my ups and downs but I manage to overcome it and I competed in powerlifting and I met good people who im still friends with today a special thanks to phil brangiforte,jeff olson,mr.larkin,rosalia chiulli, mrs. rowan, mitch, jay harris and ken Guittar your friend Dennis Chad Gomez

Posted January 05, 2012
I believe that this school brought it back all my hopes, my daughter as a especial needs has the help there that I never had in other schools in MA, she attended especial needs programs in other cities and they are not even close to the staff at the East Boston High, thank you so much for everything, God bless you guys all.

Posted August 29, 2011
East Boston School has a very strang leader our Headmaster has his hand in everything that goe's on in that school. I am sure if you would take the time to meet with him and the staff. When a staff member will go out of his way or her's to help a child in need They are there for them. The school's guidence office is the best. If it was not for the family center alot of kid's and parent's would be lost. A child need's to want an education and go to school in order to follow their dream's. School is not a prison. Parent's need to be involved in what is going on with the child and with the school. Talk to the teacher's, House Dean's, Guidence office.You would be surprised at the out come. Join the S.P.C.come to a meeting . You are a parent you are already on it.Don't Juge a book by it's cover . Come and take a tour of the school. Call the family center make an appointment .

86 White Street, Boston, MA  02128
Last modified East Boston High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.