Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted September 29, 2015
Both of her teachers math and ELA are excellent so far I have both but positive experiences.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted September 29, 2015
My daughter is in AWC so I expect her to have about 2-3 hours worth of homework every night.

Posted September 29, 2015
My daughter's teacher Ms Joyce is great. I am blessed that my daughter's teacher is an experienced math teacher with 14 years under her belt. A month in and I can see the difference in my child's attitude towards math.

Jackson/Mann K-8 School 2

Posted August 26, 2013
Jackson Mann isn't really one of the best schools to send kids at. I'm a former student from there and graduated from eighth grade a few years ago , I can say you barely learn anything there. Only 20 % of the teachers are good teachers, while the rest can hardly go through a lesson, and to top it off the principal and administrators do an awful job over there. Once a good school in the 1990s and 2000s is now a place to tell you keep your students away , I only gave it 2 stars because some of people over there were awesome. You'll regret sending your kid to Jackson Mann

Jackson/Mann K-8 School 1

Posted October 27, 2012
This school should be closed immediately and anyone who disagrees is either one of the many bad teachers there or one of the (sorry if this offends you) retarted parents that send their children their. I am a former student who attended it in the second grade. In all honesty, it was the worst year of my life. I got in two fights (without looking for trouble)and learned almost nothing all year. At the end of the year, my mom took me out of there and put me in a charter school (catholic). If your hesitant about the money, don't be. Financial aid is there if you need it and I was smart so I got scholarships. After that, I took the ISEE, got into the high 90s (percentile), and applied to a number of great schools. Schools that Jackson Mann kids (the truth hurts) could only dream of attending. I got into many of them and made my decision. Now I'm a sophmore at that school, playing three sports, and thriving in my studies. I can truely from the bottom of my heart, say the none of this would have happening if my mom didn't take me out of Jackson Mann. If there aren't many options in your area, my sister went to hamilton and edison middles schools. Just stay away from Jackson Mann. Please!

Jackson/Mann K-8 School 1

Posted July 25, 2010
If you value your childs sanity do not let him or her go to that school. If you don't want you child to be confronted with with drugs and violence do no let he or she go to the Jackson mann. Though my years in the Jackson Mann were AWSOME!!!! I didn't say educational but awsome!!! P.S. Some teachers don't raven teach anything and some are just awsome.

Posted May 12, 2010
dont go to here, its loud and u cant learn anything!!!!!!

Jackson/Mann K-8 School 5

Posted December 31, 2006
This is the best school in Massachusetts to me the principal and the vice principal are wonderful they really care for the students and the family

Posted April 10, 2005
My daughter attends this school and my son will attend next year. A wonderful teaching staff, and a wonderful principal. One of the few great Boston elementary schools.

Posted November 14, 2004
Three my children have gone to Jackson Mann since they were 5 years old. It is a school where the children come first. Each child is encouraged to do their personal best. The teachers are highly skilled and work hard to bring out the best in each child. The principal is kind and knows each child by name. She is a great example of a leader. Thank you Jackson Mann for bringing out the best in my children and giving them the encouragement and confidence they need to go out into the world!

40 Armington Street, Boston, MA  02134
Last modified Jackson/Mann K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.