Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted December 20, 2015
The principle, administrative staff, art teacher, Ms. Kotch, WE LOVE Sarah (assistant principle), everyone in the building!

Amount of homework: Too much

It is ALOT of Homework...But it takes ALOT in order for you to push yourself

Posted December 20, 2015
This school is literally a God-sent. I had my son in a catholic school, where they attempted to keep him back and diagnose him with Adhd...He was 4 years old and whenever he got in trouble they would literally kick him out of class...a distraction to the others and they didn't have the time to work with him..I was also paying 600.00 a month for his school. 6 months later he gets accepted to Brooke Rosindale and i'm jumping for joy! Now it wasn't an easy road, he was already adjusted to when he gets in trouble, there was no serious consequences. After a rough first month, my son got the technique, the requirements, the ability to push himself. It's a pattern and a good one too! I went from being worried about him everyday to watching such growth and changes...and in comparison to his cousins the same age as him...WHAT A DIFFERENCE....my 5 year old can read...ALOT...he knows his lefts and his rights...he's compassionate, and can explain his feelings!(E.g "I'm jealous that you go to the movies with Daddy and didn't take me.") Math lights up his world...and he loves his teacher Mrs. Kotch (So do I) but the connection that she builds with her students is simply incredible! How many 5 year olds come home, eager to tell you not only about their day, but their teachers day too ? (E.g "Did you know my teacher does performances afterschool?" ) She takes experience from her college and her life and applies it to the kids in such an educating way. I attended class once, and the patience she has...outstanding! Couldn't ask for more! Also an amazing after school and administrative staff who gets to know every student and parent one by one! EXTREMELY CAREFUL! I sent his grandfather to pick up my son when I was late and they made sure to call and get my approval before releasing him, even though my son knew him, that step alone is incredible! If I could give the school more stars I would, Just THANK YOU for being apart of our family!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted September 29, 2015
I have 3 kids and one of them completed 8th grade at Brooke- Roslindale, the other 2 are in 4th and 6th grade. My teenage son now attends Xaverian Brother High School and is taking accelerated and honor classes. He told me that when he entered the school in 5th grade, he felt behind but quickly adapted to the rigorous curriculum. My other 2 kids are still at the Brooke and yes they get dropped off at the bus at 6:50AM and returned home by 4:30. This gives my wife and I enough time to go to work and be home to supervise their homework and take them to extracurricular activities like swimming, music, ballet. I think the school does a great job in preparing my kids to confront the academic challenges ahead. I feel blessed to have my kids received quality education at a public school. The only thing is that because of the cap, there isn't a high school which is needed to fully prepare the kids to college. I will continue to work and support charter schools because they have proven to overcome many socio-economic factors minorities faced in the urban areas.

Edward Brooke Charter School 1

Posted January 20, 2015
I was really disappointed with this school. They do not value family life. They have extended hours and extended homework after school which makes it impossible to have a home life. It is apparent by their policies that they have little regard for parents and believe that inner-city parents are incapable of raising their own children. The students that go there are so burnt out by school work that there are some that exhibit extreme behavior problems. The principal, Molly Cole, has no tolerance for children with special needs and implements policies to weed them out. They love to suspend children which prevents them from receiving the education they need. I was so disappointed.

Edward Brooke Charter School 4

Posted October 23, 2014
My daughter started going to BCS august of this year, and I must say I am very impress. within 2 months my daughter started to read. Teachers are dedicated to excellence. There is a heavy emphasis on academics and family involvement in homework.

Edward Brooke Charter School 1

Posted April 30, 2014
Edward Brooke is the worse school I ever been apart of. It lack the resource and trained staff as a regular school. It seems as though they have their own set of rules and standards. And if you have a child with social, emotional or behavioral issues you are kicked out. Instead of them helping the family and child. The principals of the middle and elementary schools are no professional at all and should be replaced with the right professionals. Also BPS should evaluate and step in to help the families/students whom are struggling with the Edward Brooke School.

Posted July 30, 2013
I am very disappointed this site allows the posting of racist reviews. As the parent of a kindergartener at the newly opened, highly diverse East Boston campus, I can assure you the behavioral expectations are the same regardless of race. The teachers are enthusiastic and dedicated to helping each child. There is a heavy emphasis on academics and family involvement in homework, but children who struggle in these areas are not left behind. Instead, there is a system in place to give them the necessary support during the after-school program. This is essential in our community where many parents are not fluent in English and themselves have limited education. Children are allowed to advance at their own pace, but the teacher worked to ensure everyone in my son's class finished the year at level. The great education plus the comfort of knowing my children will never be bullied in school make the extra effort worth it.

Posted September 21, 2010
My children started this school in K2 and now in 2nd grade. In comparison to children their age in the city and suburbs it is apparent this school is developing advanced children academically and socially. If you are a parent that do not support a strict environment and can not commit to your child's academic and social excellence then this is not the school for you. I challenge any parent to find this level of education for free.

Posted September 20, 2009
The staff have created a positive learning environment that encourages all students to do their personal best. They are dedicated to excellence and expect results. And they are getting it.

190 Cummins Highway, Boston, MA  02131
Last modified Edward Brooke Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edward Brooke Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top