Bad
Good

Neighborhood House Charter School 1

Posted January 25, 2015
I had signed up my daughter for this school through the lottery and received a post card that she was number 126 or so. However the following year I called to check which number she was on and they couldn't find her name on the list. I'm very disappointed because I really wanted her to attend this school. I was very disatisfied with the service level they provided me over the phone and they had no explanation to why she was no longer on the waiting list. I was asked to leave my name and phone number and they would look into it and it's been almost a year and no one has yet to return my call.

Posted May 25, 2010
In September I will send my youngest of 4 boys to start in k1. The school is outstanding. They truly care about each individual and try thier best to serve the needs of each child. My oldest graduated last year. My next son will be graduating this year. And although he is a bright student . he is having difficulty getting it together this year. The stress is unbearable. But the teachers @NCHS have gone over and beyound to see my son succeed. I am ever so grateful to all the staff for caring for my son at a time he seems not to care about himself. I know he too will look back and realize this someday. And finally my 5 year old will move on to k2 . I would recommend NHCS to evryone.

Posted May 03, 2010
This school is in a league all there own!! Th tachers are so involved You can tell they really love there job.

Posted April 29, 2010
The school provides the extra help that a child might need. The staff is caring, nuturing and they show it all the time.

Posted February 12, 2010
The school has a lot of activities, parent involvement and an open door policy. Everyone is friendly and supportive, my son loves it.

Posted November 10, 2009
I have three daughters that are in the 2nd, 5th and 8th grade. We all love this school. the teachers and staff show alot of support and communicate effectively to keep you up to date with their progress. I especially love the support that is given when a child needs extra help the teachers make sure that they receive that help that is needed. Thumbs up to all the staff of NHCS!

Posted October 30, 2009
I have 2 kids in K1, 1 4th and 1 in the 7th grade. I could not have made a better free educational choice. The one-on-one approach is like the quote 'it takes a village to raise a child'. From the principal who takes the time to introduce himself to the kids, the deans who stand at the door every morning to welcome the kids, to the maintenance staff who assist with traffic flow it really shows that no child will be left behind.

Posted November 03, 2008
I have a 2nd and a 5th grader and a nephew in the 8th grade in this school and we love it. The staff is very caring and nuturing. My brother and sister-in-law graduated year ago from NHCS and they loved it also. My kids are doing great in school. My son was in public school prior to the transfer and I must say that the public school system leaves a LOT to be desired.

Posted October 15, 2008
The quality of the school has gone down. MCAS test results are subpar. If you have any legitimate complaints about anything and make those complaints known, you will be shunned by school staff as they seem to gossip about individual parents. Teachers in lower school are two-facec and incompetent. The principal encourages teacher's aids to become teachers but those aids seem to lack professionalism and a love for children. They brag about having a long waiting list but this list is the result of desperate Boston Public School parents who think that these charter schools are better than the public schools but they are not necessarily. My son is in k2 and he gets a week's work of homework that he completes in one day. I definitely do not recommend this school. Don't believe the hype that this charter school is better than a regular public school.

Posted September 10, 2008
My daughter is currently the 2nd grade and has been attending since K2. I think she is getting an excellent education. The school has amazing resources, excellent teachers and have adopted progressive pedagogies.

21 Queen Street, Boston, MA  02122
Last modified Neighborhood House Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.