Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My daughter started here in the 7th grade coming from a Charter school that was closed down. In her previous school she was literally failing every class and they recommended that I place her in an alternative school. At NHCS my daughter is receiving Honors and has been since she began. They have college prep courses and organization classes that help the kids be prepared and succeed. I knew nothing about this school but am so glad that my child ended up here. The communication is great. Her teachers email me about her progress often. They also begin every student off on the Honor Roll and help them maintain their grades instead of the other way around. Something so simple but brilliant. The kids are given opportunities to re-do work and quizzes until they understand the work if they were struggling on something. They also have a trip to Costa Rica as an incentive to do well. I can not say enough great things about NHCS.

i have a child who graduated from this school the school have a very high teacher turn over rate this is very concerning to me. I also have another child currently attending who has an IEP this child fell through the cracks for 6 months got very little service none of her teacher's noted no explanation was ever given why. The teachers are selective they only choose students who's parents they are friendly with to give information or help eg. (helping with school placement after graduating) or tell about educational programs and scholarships that can benefit your child. Teachers choose only the brightest students to prep for exam schools and give scholarships. At the time i sent my children to this school a friend pulled her children out she complaint about some of the very things i mentioned above and more i did not believe her however the school truly lived up to her very words how sad.

I had signed up my daughter for this school through the lottery and received a post card that she was number 126 or so. However the following year I called to check which number she was on and they couldn't find her name on the list. I'm very disappointed because I really wanted her to attend this school. I was very disatisfied with the service level they provided me over the phone and they had no explanation to why she was no longer on the waiting list. I was asked to leave my name and phone number and they would look into it and it's been almost a year and no one has yet to return my call.

In September I will send my youngest of 4 boys to start in k1. The school is outstanding. They truly care about each individual and try thier best to serve the needs of each child. My oldest graduated last year. My next son will be graduating this year. And although he is a bright student . he is having difficulty getting it together this year. The stress is unbearable. But the teachers @NCHS have gone over and beyound to see my son succeed. I am ever so grateful to all the staff for caring for my son at a time he seems not to care about himself. I know he too will look back and realize this someday. And finally my 5 year old will move on to k2 . I would recommend NHCS to evryone.

This school is in a league all there own!! Th tachers are so involved You can tell they really love there job.

The school provides the extra help that a child might need. The staff is caring, nuturing and they show it all the time.

The school has a lot of activities, parent involvement and an open door policy. Everyone is friendly and supportive, my son loves it.

I have three daughters that are in the 2nd, 5th and 8th grade. We all love this school. the teachers and staff show alot of support and communicate effectively to keep you up to date with their progress. I especially love the support that is given when a child needs extra help the teachers make sure that they receive that help that is needed. Thumbs up to all the staff of NHCS!

I have 2 kids in K1, 1 4th and 1 in the 7th grade. I could not have made a better free educational choice. The one-on-one approach is like the quote 'it takes a village to raise a child'. From the principal who takes the time to introduce himself to the kids, the deans who stand at the door every morning to welcome the kids, to the maintenance staff who assist with traffic flow it really shows that no child will be left behind.

I have a 2nd and a 5th grader and a nephew in the 8th grade in this school and we love it. The staff is very caring and nuturing. My brother and sister-in-law graduated year ago from NHCS and they loved it also. My kids are doing great in school. My son was in public school prior to the transfer and I must say that the public school system leaves a LOT to be desired.

Last modified Neighborhood House Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.