PK-5 & Ungraded
Boston, MA

Posted September 17, 2014
This school has excellent academic standards and rigor -- as well as and an opportunity for kids to partake in a variety of Physical Education modes - including swimming from 2nd Grade up.

Posted May 13, 2014
My wife and I are parents of a K2 student now at the JQS, and we couldn't be happier. Our son had been in Montessori pre-school programs, and we were concerned with how he would handle the transition. In short, the experience has been great. The facilities and programs at the JQS are excellent. We've been very happy with how our child has responded in the classroom, and proud of his participation in the school's impressive orchestra program. Art and Mandarin language classes have also been great. Great kids, involved parents and a committed faculty lead by very dynamic principal who truly wants to see the school grow and succeed.

Posted May 02, 2014
The Josiah Quincy Elementary School is an amazing school providing an terrific education for students. When my daughter was there from Kindergarden to Grade 5, she had a great time with her friends which was great influence. Compare to a lot of other schools in the district or around the city, JQS is one of the best schools possibly. Her teachers paid attention to her and made sure that there was no peer pressure or much bullying happening at the school. There's also many special enrichment activities such as swimming for Grade 2 and up, taught by professionally trained trainers. There's also club every Friday for 5th graders and also, many other after school programs such as Girls Scout. There was always involvement with the parent and teacher meetings, and the principal was always being a good role model and greeting the teacher after school and in the morning. Honestly, this is one of the best schools in Boston. My daughter felt fine fitting in, even with moving from Bilingual to Advance Work Class for 4th and 5th graders. Lastly, there's also shows for Chinese New Year, Christmas, etc. Great learning experience! If you're planning on moving to this district, pick JQS!

Posted February 24, 2014
I attended this school from K2-5 and I have to say, I thank this school for where I am right now. The teachers are very nice and caring, and I felt like family at this place for 6 years. The school is separated into 2 schools, the elementary and upper(middle/high school). Most of the students from the elementary school move on to the Upper. I can't say much about my JQUS experience compared to my JQES experience since I attended for one year before attending an exam school.

Posted August 09, 2012
There are 2 different schools The Josiah Quincy Elementary and the Josiah Quincy Upper School. I don't have experience with the JQS Upper School but the Josiah Quincy Elementary School is an excellent school! The teachers are caring, supportive and informative. They appear to work very hard from what I see in their classrooms, at school events, in the work coming home and in the progress I see with my child's learning. I found the teachers I have known there to be talented at teaching and motiving kids. They seem to understand that all kids are different and they both challenge and support. My kids looked forward to going to school every day. The school also offers great before and after school enrichment classes like sports, gymnastics, art, music, and yoga. It has Advanced Work program available to some students for grades 3,4,5 too, which is even more challenging compared to their already tough regular academic programs. It's a great school.

Posted March 28, 2012
Excellent teaching from the school and my child has learned pretty impressive things from the school.

Posted October 10, 2010
The teachers at JQES (PK - 5) work closely with the parents to ensure that the children receive the best education possible and that the learning doesn't stop at the classroom. These teachers go above and beyond for our kids. We all share the same goal of putting the children and their needs first. for this reason there is a strong parent group willing to donate their time and energy to the school as well.

Josiah Quincy Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
It's focus on language and culture makes it a great learning environment for kids.

Posted May 13, 2008

Posted June 08, 2007
Fewer students and some of the greatest teachers in Boston make JQUS tops over the best exam schools where a child can get lost in the crowd.

Josiah Quincy Elementary School
885 Washington St, Boston, MA  02111
Last modified Josiah Quincy Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Josiah Quincy Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top