Bad
Good

Our school works to ensure all students learn to work hard and achieve their best. The Academy is a school that has been noted as a Performance Level 1 school and commended by the governor for two years in a row! My children love the warm family feeling they receive when they enter SLA's doors. All three of my children have attended this school which ensures that children have a strong sense of "who they are and where they are going". The staff is culturally competent and attentive to the needs of each child. As a parent, I always feel welcomed. Keep up the good work!

This school is the worst school you can ever go to because the principal will expell your child for no reason. It's not really even a charter school.

My son has attended SLA since the 6th grade. The school represents itself as having core values, showing integrity, and respect to all. I don think the schools teachers are equipped to handle the student ration in each class. The teacher turn over each year is concerning. If your child is in need of special needs this is not the school to send them to. I beleive that the Principal is doing a good job maintaing the daily operations.

My son has become more culturally aware and confident about who he is as a person and as a student. Smith offers a rigorous curriculum which makes him think and seek more education. His classwork and homework uses many different skills. All children should have the opportunity to attend this great charter school.

I think school in a whole does not work hard enough in finding solution to one child problem instead the school just make the child repeat his or her grade

My son had the experience of going to East Africa Uganda with his history teacher Ms. Hoffman and a few other teachers what a great experience that was for him. Keep up the good work.

Last year, I was somewhat concerned about the school. Each time I turned around one of my son's main subject teachers was being let go. I felt that was too much for his first year in middle school. He is attending the school again this year, so far I feel pretty good. I experienced my son finding money in the school hall and immediately saying I need to take this to the office. I was so impressed I just smile from behind. I knew then that he was receiving the core values the school has in instealed to make him a better man.

this school is great they gave students a great education. they have core values which are community cenitenship which means helping others integrity which is telling the truth even when no one is looking personal excellence doing your best

Our family is new to SLA this year. I find that it is a positive, inspiring, culturally aware environment. I received an invitation to SLA last year and did not want to change my son's school at that time. But I am glad I made the decision I did this year. I look forward to a continued great year with SLA.

Last modified Smith Leadership Academy Charter Public School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.