6-8 & Ungraded
Public charter
Boston, MA

Posted April 28, 2014
Our school works to ensure all students learn to work hard and achieve their best. The Academy is a school that has been noted as a Performance Level 1 school and commended by the governor for two years in a row! My children love the warm family feeling they receive when they enter SLA's doors. All three of my children have attended this school which ensures that children have a strong sense of "who they are and where they are going". The staff is culturally competent and attentive to the needs of each child. As a parent, I always feel welcomed. Keep up the good work!

Posted May 13, 2010
This school is the worst school you can ever go to because the principal will expell your child for no reason. It's not really even a charter school.

Posted March 15, 2010

Smith Leadership Academy Charter Public School 3

Posted February 04, 2010
My son has attended SLA since the 6th grade. The school represents itself as having core values, showing integrity, and respect to all. I don think the schools teachers are equipped to handle the student ration in each class. The teacher turn over each year is concerning. If your child is in need of special needs this is not the school to send them to. I beleive that the Principal is doing a good job maintaing the daily operations.

Posted October 31, 2009
My son has become more culturally aware and confident about who he is as a person and as a student. Smith offers a rigorous curriculum which makes him think and seek more education. His classwork and homework uses many different skills. All children should have the opportunity to attend this great charter school.

Smith Leadership Academy Charter Public School 1

Posted July 25, 2009
I think school in a whole does not work hard enough in finding solution to one child problem instead the school just make the child repeat his or her grade

Posted June 25, 2009
My son had the experience of going to East Africa Uganda with his history teacher Ms. Hoffman and a few other teachers what a great experience that was for him. Keep up the good work.

Posted October 13, 2008

Smith Leadership Academy Charter Public School 2

Posted February 03, 2008

Posted September 27, 2007
Last year, I was somewhat concerned about the school. Each time I turned around one of my son's main subject teachers was being let go. I felt that was too much for his first year in middle school. He is attending the school again this year, so far I feel pretty good. I experienced my son finding money in the school hall and immediately saying I need to take this to the office. I was so impressed I just smile from behind. I knew then that he was receiving the core values the school has in instealed to make him a better man.

Smith Leadership Academy Charter Public School
23 Leonard St, Boston, MA  02122
Last modified Smith Leadership Academy Charter Public School is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Smith Leadership Academy Charter Public School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top