Boston, MA

Posted May 19, 2015
I am a parent of a Perry student and we love the Perry! This is a great, small school with a very active parent/teacher community. It's a single strand K-8 school (one class, per grade). The Principal Mr. Rose is an agent for change and has really taken charge to invigorate the school and it's been an amazing year. The teachers and staff are extremely dedicated and committed to their students, I'm so impressed with how much they give to the kids. My son has been challenged academically and has fun when he is there. We love the Perry K-8 school!

Posted May 17, 2015
I have 2 children currently at the Perry and we love it! It truly is a a little gem. The teachers and staff are all wonderful!

Perry K-8 School 1

Posted January 20, 2015
This school could have potential but they are constricted by the policies of the Boston Public School system and confined by budgetary problems. All it takes is a couple of students with behavior problems to ruin a class or a school. Boston Public Schools is inadequate to handle students with behavior problems. It takes 4 months to evaluate students and then there is no where to go. Everybody loses out because the kids who need services can't get them. I was sad to see this school was such a wreck. The teachers look like they care but can't do anything about it. They are overwhelmed.

Perry K-8 School 1

Posted September 04, 2014
All the bad reviews on this school has been removed!?!? It's not as great as you think it is....

Posted November 21, 2006
We have two children at the Perry School. It is a small school (fewer than 180 students) now with mostly local kids as South Boston has become more diverse. It overlooks Boston Harbor. Parents are organizing a foundation and fund-raising to continue the very positive results on the MCAS.

Posted April 10, 2005
My son has attended the Perry since K2 and has had a positive learning experience. The school has caring teachers and staff. Due to it's small size makes for a homey atmosphere. Has all the supports for a successful education.

Posted February 23, 2004
My daughter was in a Catholic school to begin with and my husband and I had reservations about sending her to a public school but we were really unhappy with the Catholic school. We are so happy that we switched her. Not only is she happier, the teachers are much more involved, the quality of work is much better and my daughter is doing schoolwork that is way beyond what they were doing in Catholic school. The principal is wonderful, the teachers are wonderful and the school has a warm and inviting atmosphere. The best part is that the classes are small compared to other schoolsmaking learning that much easier. This school is a diamond in the rough.

Perry K-8 School
745 East 7th Street, Boston, MA  02127
Last modified Perry K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Perry K-8 School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top