Bad
Good

I am the mom of a 5th grader at the Bates, and i absolutely love this school. It really is a hiddem gem. My daughter started the Bates in the 4th grade Advanced Work Program and every day of school i am surprised and wowed. She has learned so much and continues to. The teamwork of the entire school is awesome! The teachers and staff sincerely and genuinely CARE about each childs wellbeing. Its really in my eyes and college prepatory school for elementary students. I would recommend this school to everyone. Its just the right size and its just an overall optimal environment for child to learn and grow!!

As a new parent to the school, I am wowed every day with what my son is learning both academically and socially! He's in K2 and I'm so glad that we were placed at the Bates. It's a wonderful school with amazing potential for growth.

After being in this school for 3years, i am sorry i did not move all my children sooner!!! My eldest would have been better prepared for school if he had been at this school. Catholic school can never compare to public school. My daughter would never have learned how to form a simple paragraph if not for her wonderful teacher. Science would have beenboring if not for an interactive science program. Spanish would never have been a language she would have been able to learn. Math club by a parent would never happened. My child has been challenged in ever way possible by an wonderful teacher that every school would be honored to have.

In a couple days I will be graduating from the Phineas Bates and I feel that it was an extremely underfunded school. The gym class was once every three weeks, and they really did not have enough staffing to control all the children. Huge fistfights erupted in the schoolyard, and swears were a common thing. I'm gglad to be out of the Bates.

The Bates has a strong music and science program, voice and instrument instruction available, chorus, computers, phys ed, and AWC in a nurturing setting. The playground is great, the Parent Council organized and active. It was not my first choice but it has been a solid, challenging and engaging experience for our child.

Last modified Bates Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.