Posted June 17, 2014
I am a parent with a child who just finished Reception (equivalent of preschool). While I was a skeptic in the beginning, after completing our first year here, I have been massively impressed with the individualized learning that my child has received. Teachers have tailored their material to him, and thus have allowed my child to excel in areas of strength, and improve in areas of weakness. They track my child's progress very closely, along multiple dimensions. Even though they work outside the classroom, the administration and staff truly know my child personally -- it's an intimate school and my child is supported and recognized. The older students are also very warm with the younger children, and I am always surprised when they greet my child by name, which creates a nice sense of community. I've been able to raise concerns to the administration and they have been responsive, with real change and not just lip service. I'm extremely happy with my son's progress and I have high hopes that the school will continue to grow and thrive, especially with the administration's responsiveness to parental input. Fantastic school, involved parents, great teachers!

Posted February 08, 2013
I have two children at the British School, a boy in Secondary and a girl in High School. We have attended top private schools and top public schools. However, my kids were not challenged until they came to this school. The school was recommended to me from a psychologist specializing in school placement for gifted kids. The teachers are excellent and both the teachers and students are from all over the world. That is important to me in a global economy. It prepares them for real life.

Posted November 06, 2012
I have two children at the British School, one in High School and one in Middle School. The school is academically very strong, able to prepare students for the best schools in the city as well as for the IB program, possibly the most rigorous international high school degree. Teachers here are excellent - of a high caliber, fun and yet firm. Learning is personalized - with differentian built in across the curriculum. The atmosphere is wonderful students here are engaged in their learning and take pride in what they do. The high school sports teams are small, but they are growing and there is a huge variety of sports on offer. Teacher-run clubs run after school every day - a huge variety, making for a difficult choice.

British International School of Boston 1

Posted October 15, 2012
I didn't realise how much my child did not learn at the British School until she left. The lower school is great, but the secondary program is lacking. Many students leave to attend more established, better programs, for the "high school" years. The community is very small at the upper end, leaving the extra curricular and sports programmes sorely lacking.

Posted February 29, 2012
We joined the school at the beginning of the academic year following a visit in the Spring. Our daughters are in the middle and high school. We are very happy with the school in general. I have little exposure to the lower school so I can only comment meaningfully on the older years. We have found the teaching staff in particular to be of high calibre. They are without exception highly motivated and engaged in their commitment to pushing the students to the heights of their abilities. Our daughters settled in very quickly and are very happy school. They really like their teachers and are always keen to get their homework done. They often come home with tales of an interesting lesson, such as today my younger daughter spent a whole lesson as a given character which helped her think in detail about what made her character tick. They are also keen to be involved in extra curricular activities spending four evenings in sporting and other activities such as Model UN and Duke of Edinburgh awards. The school is relatively small but there is a real sense of community with the kids knowing others from years below and above them and showing an appreciation of diversity.

Posted February 06, 2012
The IB diploma programme is widely accepted, by the most prestigious universities, as the single best programme designed to prepare students for life at university and beyond. It's so well rounded, and challenging, and goes beyond the traditional (and often shallow) American education. I couldn't be happier with the education my children are receiving at the British School of Boston!

Posted January 04, 2012
I have a son that has been at the school for 5 years now and I recently started my daughter in the Nursery class. I am completely satisfied with the school. There is a high level of learning taking place as well as a great love of learning. The teachers are outstanding. Every year I think that the past teacher will be hard to beat, and the following year proves me wrong. There is a true sense of community at this school. I highly recommend it.

Posted August 27, 2011
BSB is outstanding. I am a student at BSB, and I have been here for 4 years. I'm writing on my own behalf and I have seen the school change over the recent years and this is in a upwards direction. I am one of the oldest students in the school and have spent all but one years of my middle school/high school education there. My opinion of the school, is the staff are highly trained in there fields and are very proffessional, in fact there are very flexible and are able to see a parent or help a student out in any time of day. The physical education department is actually quiet good. They do many sports such as basketball, soccer, swimming and many others, with after school clubs and teams. The secondary school is ever increasing throughout the year with students from America, UK and other nations. The education is the best Boston has to offer. It is an outstanding school, and for the price it is a lot cheaper than other schools in the area, who are not as challenging and as good as BSB. BSB does the IB and it is more preferred than the SAT to colleges worldwide. Over all BSB is the best school in Boston and the staff are of high quality and the education is excellent.

British International School of Boston 4

Posted May 19, 2011
I can speak about the upper school. There has been a very strong leadership effort this year, resulting in many positive changes. My BSB student is engaged and challenged. He is also happy. Nearly all 8th graders are returning to continue their high-school years at BSB. I think that BSB is poised for greatness. I am happy that we came at the right time, and that it's still a bit of a secret.

British International School of Boston 4

Posted March 24, 2011
Prior parent (3/11/11), we don't all care to grovel to try and get through the rigged system that passes for admissions at the elite schools these days. Some of us appreciate feeling like family at BSB, and are appreciated back. We have faith in the vision of what this school is becoming as we speak. We have commited to the upper school and look forward to the next four exciting years of learning at BSB under new leadership/ Submitted by a parent

British International School of Boston
416 Pond St, Boston, MA  02130
Last modified British International School of Boston is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
British International School of Boston Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews.