9-12 & Ungraded
Boston, MA

Posted August 08, 2013
I attended Fenway in the late 80's, just a few years after it was created. I loved that school! The people I met - both students and teachers- were amazing. I had studied at Boston Latin School and Newton South before the Fenway, and it was absolutely my favorite. Miss Schirmer and the other teachers (educators, really) cared about us as individuals and nurtured our strengths. I was able to take AP classes at local colleges: B.U. & Simmons. Then I got a full scholarship to B.U.! I credit my experience at the Fenway (okay, and some fairly good study habits). I will never forget my experience at the Fenway. It's a fantastic charter school. Just ask Jordan & Jonathan Knight of NKOTB ;) I'd say they did pretty well for themselves too.

Posted February 12, 2011
I absolutely adore this school! I can not imagine being anywhere else because nothing can compare. To be honest I have gotten use to seeing teachers working at the bare minimum because they have just given up. Which is why when I came to this school, and I saw how motivated the teachers are, it just blew my mind. Not only that, before I came to this school I use to sleep during class and still get straight A's, not anymore. I don't mean to brag but they really have some top quality kids, everyone has something great to offer to the classroom and their community. The only con here is that I don't think they have enough funding.

Posted September 30, 2009
My duaghter attends Fenway and this is her second year and she has definetly come along way. She has always had good grades but now she feels that she really has to work harder to get them because her teachers are on her back like her shadow.

Posted July 17, 2009
I have observed this amazing little school for many years. It continues to outshine even the exam schools in bosotn with the outcomes its students achieve. It's most recent graduating class has set a new standard for inner city excellence. The head of school and teachers are dedicated, hihgly qualified and effective.

Posted February 01, 2009
Well, being a junior at this school, I'd have to say that it is a wonderful play to send your kids. Although, the work is very difficult, it will reward them in their college lives and in the long run. I came here sophomore year and it upset me that they really do not have any elective since I was used to being able to choose my classes. That was big disappointment, but overall, the school is one to be admired. Another flaw, I'm sorry to say, is that we only have one floor of classes. BAA has a larger campus and even share the floor with us. Though, wer are allowed to go out at lunch. What I'm trying to say is that the school is one that I feel that should be around for more then the twenty-five years. Success if Fenway.

Posted March 03, 2008
Fenway High School is one of the most successful models of a urban public school. Besides being one of the highest-performing schools in Boston, I have personally witnessed the transformative ability of the school to take America's forgotten youth and turn them into confident, successful individuals who are not just productive members of society but feel a duty to give back.

Posted January 22, 2008
I am very impressed with Fenway high school and the dedication of the staff and the principal. My sons have transferred from one of the Boston exam schools to Fenway and i couldn't be happier with the change. Fenway offers students a chance to become more than just a number and the staff is very hands on and relates to the students on an individual basis.

Posted December 10, 2007

Fenway High School
174 Ipswich St, Boston, MA  02215
Last modified Fenway High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fenway High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top