Public charter
Boston, MA

Boston Collegiate Charter School 3

Posted May 06, 2014
The only thing i disagree with BCCS policy is that if you fail 2 classes you get kept back! I think that is very unfair and it makes kids self asteem drop drastically! I noticed it in my child! I believe a lot of kids ends up dropping out because who want to be 18 in the 11th grade. some of the already have that disadvantage because they were born after september.They need to find a way to change that. Fail 2 classes go to summer school not get retained for a whole year! And tuturing and HW club i dont get the benefit of it...NOT FAIR !!
3 people found this helpful

Boston Collegiate Charter School 2

Posted May 04, 2014
BCCS is overrated, the teachers abuse their power over the students, creating a relatively prison like environment. Also definitely not a good environment for a child of color. They also do not care what college you are excepted in as long you get in. they don't push kids to strive for the best but to only meet the standards as much as they will try to tell you they don't. I got into an exam school and they managed to convince me to stay, as well as my parents, by saying I'd get a scholarship through the MCAS to any state college if you get advanced and proficient. Come to find that only the top few percent will receive that scholarship within the district. The are great advertisers I must give them that, you really have to read the fine print with these tricksters. The Lower School and Middle School is great, but I regret not going to another high school. If your child gets into an exam school especially, send them there, they will benefit from it much more. The high school fails to help those in need of it, I know kids who go to tutoring everyday, do all of their work and they still are failing classes. Homework is ridiculous don't expect your child to have much of a social life.

Posted August 06, 2013
I have taught at this school for the past decade and it's incredible. High standards, warm and nurturing environment for teacher and students alike. Every student is accepted to college and it's a culture of achievement and success. I wish my own kids could attend but it's a public lottery and they haven't been lucky enough to get a good number.That is tough to take, but it makes me work even harder for those kids who do get in. I want to make sure they have the widest range of choices upon graduation. You will not find a more dedicated staff than at Boston Collegiate.

Posted April 13, 2012
i might go to BCCS, because of your reviews, i think my life will change, i'm going to six and if i get accepted in this school and staying till 12 grade i hope this school will make a big change to my life ! :')

Boston Collegiate Charter School 1

Posted May 12, 2010

Posted December 23, 2009

Boston Collegiate Charter School 0

Posted October 27, 2009
I go to BCCS and i love it. At BCCS, we have amazing friends and a great student-teacher relationship. People have said we get worked to hard, but i disagree. This school is just preparing us, not only for college, but also for our life plans. I love BCCS and i have beenhere from 5th grade and i will stay through 12th!
2 people found this helpful

Boston Collegiate Charter School 1

Posted March 04, 2009

Posted May 20, 2008

Posted May 05, 2005
their qualities of academy programs is the best l have ever seen, both in dicipline, home works (they have home work club to encourage scholars to stay for extral help in learning). Learning come first before any activities, encouragement are given to scholars and parent to paticipate in numerouse programes and activities with there children. Dress code and scholars appearances were enforced. Student were encourage to earn good grades.
2 people found this helpful

Boston Collegiate Charter School
11 Mayhew Street, Boston, MA  02125
Last modified Boston Collegiate Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 5-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Boston Collegiate Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top