Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

It depended on the teacher. Some of the teachers had very high egos, but some teachers did have a lot of passion in the subjects that they taught.

Amount of homework: Disagree

You'll have no life because you are given way too much homework and not doing the homework wasn't an option you had to do it or else you weren't going to pass the class.

As a parent of a BCCS student my child entered this school from BPS the school is good but I have experienced the worse year this past school year with a teacher whom told me at every parent teacher conference that my child was at risk of failing her class and she did absolutely nothing to help my child. I've talked to the principal about why the teacher doesn't sign my child up for tutoring and I was told that she would be signed up but never was. So my baby was retained because she failed History by two points and writing by one or two points. I find it that they should've recommended summer academy.

The only thing i disagree with BCCS policy is that if you fail 2 classes you get kept back! I think that is very unfair and it makes kids self asteem drop drastically! I noticed it in my child! I believe a lot of kids ends up dropping out because who want to be 18 in the 11th grade. some of the already have that disadvantage because they were born after september.They need to find a way to change that. Fail 2 classes go to summer school not get retained for a whole year! And tuturing and HW club i dont get the benefit of it...NOT FAIR !!

BCCS is overrated, the teachers abuse their power over the students, creating a relatively prison like environment. Also definitely not a good environment for a child of color. They also do not care what college you are excepted in as long you get in. they don't push kids to strive for the best but to only meet the standards as much as they will try to tell you they don't. I got into an exam school and they managed to convince me to stay, as well as my parents, by saying I'd get a scholarship through the MCAS to any state college if you get advanced and proficient. Come to find that only the top few percent will receive that scholarship within the district. The are great advertisers I must give them that, you really have to read the fine print with these tricksters. The Lower School and Middle School is great, but I regret not going to another high school. If your child gets into an exam school especially, send them there, they will benefit from it much more. The high school fails to help those in need of it, I know kids who go to tutoring everyday, do all of their work and they still are failing classes. Homework is ridiculous don't expect your child to have much of a social life.

I have taught at this school for the past decade and it's incredible. High standards, warm and nurturing environment for teacher and students alike. Every student is accepted to college and it's a culture of achievement and success. I wish my own kids could attend but it's a public lottery and they haven't been lucky enough to get a good number.That is tough to take, but it makes me work even harder for those kids who do get in. I want to make sure they have the widest range of choices upon graduation. You will not find a more dedicated staff than at Boston Collegiate.

i might go to BCCS, because of your reviews, i think my life will change, i'm going to six and if i get accepted in this school and staying till 12 grade i hope this school will make a big change to my life ! :')

I go to BCCS and i love it. At BCCS, we have amazing friends and a great student-teacher relationship. People have said we get worked to hard, but i disagree. This school is just preparing us, not only for college, but also for our life plans. I love BCCS and i have beenhere from 5th grade and i will stay through 12th!

Last modified Boston Collegiate Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 5-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.