Bourne, MA

Posted July 21, 2015
My son has Always gotten Superb attention from the Schools Staff. They Go the Extra Mile to Make sure He's Stayed on Track with his Education and Always kept me informed.

Bourne Middle School 2

Posted April 03, 2011
I am a student here at BMS and i honestly have to say i hate it. they ban everything from mints, to hugging. i mean seriously? we cant even hug? they even banned high fiving. really now. if you dont play school sports, the teachers practically ignore you,. they favor kids, if yur not a teachers pet, then practically you wont get a good grade. dont go to this school.

Bourne Middle School 1

Posted March 21, 2011
I have had two children attend this school and I am very happy that the 3rd won't be. With my oldest there was a huge amount of bullying going on and nothing was done because we are a military family. If you have not lived here since forever you don't matter in this community. My daughter has had an easier time at the school due to the fact that she's a girl and easily escapes notice. DS #1 would do well academically no matter where hi is at, whereas DD needs all the help she can get. Which she doesn't get here! All in all please find another place to send your child.

Posted February 12, 2011
GREAT SCHOOL, GREAT TEACHERS, PEOPLE IN BOURNE OUR NICER THAN OTHER PLACES. SPORTS ARE GOOD. SMALL COMMUNITY.

Posted October 13, 2010
Becaude it is allowing my grandson to get a high quality education

Posted December 21, 2009
this school is amazing, its academic success, and the amazingly smart students who have successed academically, and phisically. some students act as if they've never heard of school, but this place bourne middle school straitens them out with our lovely head mistress Ms.Childress. who is a smart, lovely, beautiful, and nice teacher, friend, listener, and headmistress. along with the nice staff how can anybody not have a good time here!?!

Bourne Middle School 2

Posted June 13, 2009
I am currently a student at BMS and I don't like it at all. For the most part, the teachers do their job and teach what needs to be taught but playing favorites is a huge thing here. If you aren't a teacher's pet, then you might as well not exist. In other words, they just don't encourage or praise you. Also, a lot of the kids are out of control and are a disgrace to their fellow students, such as myself, who want to learn. Discipline is a joke here, basically. The only thing I really like is the National Honor Society Program, which I am a part of. It helps students like me grow to their full potential, help the community, and find who they truely are. Because I'm having such a bad experience here, you can count on me not attending Bourne High School.

Bourne Middle School 1

Posted May 06, 2006
As somone having actually attended a bourne school i feel extremly qualified in saying, i honestly wish i hadn't. By now who ever may be reading this will have realised i've taken my enducation elsewhere and i can honstly say, i'm very glad i did. education in bourne is not treated as a fundimental institution creating a more society concious adult that will try and 'make a diffrence' in the world. instead it's treated as a state requirement. although there are a few teachers who value students, the moajority see them as a means to a paycheck. currently i am attending sturgis charter public highschool in hyannis, which is not required to hire union teachers, and hire on a year-to-year basis and belive me, it makes a diffrence, teachers value students more and are more willing to actually teach. bhs graduates will never,be able to make it in 'top collages'

Posted June 12, 2005
I have had a child in the Bourne schools since kindergarten. She is now in the middle school and is getting a fantastic education. She is encouraged to seek help, even during the teacher's meal times if needed. There is open communication between parents, teachers, and the administration at all times. The children are kept safe in their enviroment. They have sports, art, music, and afterschool programs. The adults in the school are very easy to praise, and even follow a student's progress in other grades. During a recent open house and new teacher to the area was amazed by the number of parents who attended. We are always made to feel welcome in our children's school. I don't think that a child could recieve a better education, even in a private school. The top colleges in the nation all have Bourne graduates amoung their alumni.

Bourne Middle School

Posted November 10, 2004
If you have a child with special needs, this is not the school. You will need to fight for everything, and double check everything the school says they are doing!

Bourne Middle School
77 Waterhouse Road, Bourne, MA  02532
Last modified Bourne Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bourne Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top