Boylston, MA

Posted April 03, 2015
Special Ed is horrible at this school. If you have a kid who has an IEP, do not send them to this school. If you don't get straight A's at this school or if you are not popular then don't go to this school or else it will lower your self esteem. There is way too much bullying and drama here from the teachers and students and staff. Teachers bully students. They don't treat kids with IEP's well at this school. The Special Ed teachers talk to you like you are a 2 year old and makes you feel uncomfortable if you have an IEP. There are a lot of creepy mean teachers at this school. There are no good teachers at this school and everyone is too obsessed with MCAS which is not good. There is no diversity at this school and sadly if you are different then you won't fit in. Everyone at this school acts the same and if you act different then you will also not fit in. The Special Ed teachers yell at you and make fun of you and just make you feel very uncomfortable. They put kids who have IEPs in room 248 which is bad. They treat the kids in there not good. The Special Ed teachers would gossip about you too. There needs to be more teachers at this school.

Posted March 16, 2015
Excellent school with a nice new building! I have a daughter who goes to this school and she loves it.

Posted December 28, 2014
Bad school. My kid goes to this school and is bullied by everyone at this school including faculty, staff, the teachers, and peers. Endless gossip between faculty, staff, the teachers, and peers. Teachers need to learn how to respect each student's personal space. This school needs more teachers and should have separate teachers for middle/high school. Lightly up on some of the rules and add more extracurricular activities such as clubs and sports.

Posted August 17, 2013
This is a great school. I would recommend it to a friend. It's a small school with great academics.

Posted April 30, 2012
Sometimes this school drives me crazy, but i wouldn't change a thing! With such a small school, it is easy to get individual attention from teachers and administrators. The teachers want what is best for each and every student to strive to their full potential. I wouldn't say that our school has many issues socially. For the most part, everyone gets along. Even if they don't, they know to stay away from each other not to cause conflict because there are always other people who you can spend time with. Although the building itself is falling apart, we are taking every step to have our new school build by January 2013 so secure the safety and well-being of students and faculty. I wouldn't trade my education at Tahanto for anything in the world! I have met so many great friends and mentors and I will be Tahanto alumni forever. Go stags!! (:

Posted February 19, 2012
It's small - but a very a effective learning institution. My childeren have attended some of the best school districts in San Diego, CT, and VT and I can say Tahanto meets of exceeds all of them. Teacher involvement and dedication is outstanding. Class sizes are small with great individualized attention.

Posted February 18, 2012
Tahanto is an MCAS-based teaching atmosphere -- meaning that's all the staff and administration concentrate on. Period. Teachers are not willing to "think outside the box" for students that may learn differently -- or to even find out what motivates a student to learn. Teachers will ONLY focus on those who are standard students who fit into their robot-like MCAS atmosphere. Our friends had a child that was failing. The staff NEVER contact the parents. They only found out when the report card came. We cared enough to help this child with homework, because Tahanto simply didn't care to help. Class choices and levels are extremely limited, because they only concentrate on MCAS. Activities and groups are also severely lacking. If you have a child that may have learning difficulties, is gifted, or even special needs -- STAY AWAY from Tahanto. They don't want you.

Posted February 04, 2011
My daughter goes to this school. I'm very impressed with how much she is learning. She has the opportunity to take advanced classes. I'm sure the school is easier for kids in lower classes, but due to her high level classes, she has a lot of homework, which I find to be too much for her age. It's even more than when I went to college! The school did VERY well on Mcas, has a low parent to teacher ratio and a very low drop out rate. The kids are mostly great kids, they are kind & respectful of others. The music and drama programs at the school are AMAZING! I'm very impressed. There is little funding for football etc. & the school is very, very old, this is a problem, but the town is trying to work on building a better school. Parents are very involved here & everyone knows each other which is a plus. Everyone helps each other if someone is sick, or having a problem. It's a great small town atmosphere with a good education behind it. If I could change something, I'd reduce homework a bit, and switch a few of my teachers out.

Posted September 26, 2010
Excellent school! It's really turning the corner in the past couple years, moving ahead. Effective principal and teachers.

Posted March 27, 2010
I love Tahanto, I would never have graduated high shcool, if I had not been a school choice student, and transfered. I got a great education that prepaired me for college. I totally loved my Tahanto experiance!!! Never change!!

Tahanto Regional High School
1001 Main Street, Boylston, MA  01505
Last modified Tahanto Regional High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tahanto Regional High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top