No rating

St Francis Of Assisi School

Private | PK-8 | 52 students

Living in Braintree

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $300,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,300.

Posted September 16, 2013

I went to Sfa for a long time. Hell of a school. Great new principal. Kids are like a second family to me since prek. if u go to sfa enjoy the time you got. you will get emotional on graduation nite. washington trip was fun great way to finish 10 years with my second family. one great english teacher forget about the small classes... it is good that there are small classes... do you know why?? because everyone knows each other. that is my favorite thing about the school. fun gym teacher. No one is left out. Wish i came back

Posted December 27, 2012

the last review was so off... the school is fantastic. As for the principal.. Boston lost out on a great leader. As for new principal- great leader. Before a parent , individuals posts a review - know the facts otherwise you look foolish . Have these ridiculous parents been to a public school lately or any other school . SFA is a one of the best !!!!

Posted September 5, 2012

With having 2 kids go to this school and 1 graduate from here June last I have to say my opinions are conflicted . I definitely feel the class sizes are a big issue. Way too many kids in 1 classroom. The class room size was small when we first started at preschool level . I feel it did become a business in the end. I did have 2 problems that were not addressed at all in fact they were ignored so I decided to pull my second child from SFA. The principal was not a people person and more of a glory hunter in my opinion. Thank god she has moved on this year so hopefully it can redeem itself to what it was like in former years . The turn over in teachers in the last 5/6 years was an inkling to maybe what kind the principal was as the teachers left every year not just 1 or 2 of them but more like 3 to 5 of them. Over all it was ok I liked they,re morals and they,re catholic teaching, I just wished the principal practiced what she preached . The upper grade teachers were only ok to . I felt more like they brought the kids down instead of rising them up . Just my opinion , glad I am done with SFA!!!!!!

Posted May 25, 2010

The school is not deserving of its reputation. It has become a business only concerned about the money and not the children. The building is small with even smaller class rooms that they squeeze well over 30 kids into. They are all placed on the same level so if your child is intelligent they will become bored. There is no room for them to play Gym or any other extra curricular activities especially on rainy days. The space they did have was taken away to build additional pre- k rooms. The Principal is the worst and if you go to her with a problem or concern be prepared she seems to forget that she has a job because of the parents who send their kids there. They are also oblivious to the extreme bullying that takes place even when brought to their attention. This will destroy any kid emotionally and socially.

Posted May 3, 2010

I am a girl who goes to St. Francis of Assisi and it is wonderful. I don't understand why St. Francis has this reputation. I found out that the economy became poor they raised there prices. At public schools I have seen they are bigger. DON'T SENT YOUR CHILD HERE. P.S I am leaving this year because my mom and dad doesn't like the size of everything.
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 13, 2010

I am going to say that the class sizes are way to big. Plus the school is to small. I realized my child was complaining because the school has no gym. She says the music room is the hallway and if it's raining outside they use the lunch room for gym.

Posted July 8, 2009

Values...Morals... Technology (Smart Boards in EVERY classroom)...Dedicated faculty...I feel that my children are getting an education that is worthy of my hard earned money. I also am impressed with the schools that these kids are heading to after St Francis, Thayer, St. Sebs, BC High etc...

Posted July 17, 2008

Money well spent....As an administrator at the secondary level, I know what I want for my children. SFA provides the perfect environment for inquisitive, eager to learn children. They learn in a safe, nurturing environment. With only 2 years to go before HS, my children are well prepared in a cross section of disciplines (most importantly, the humanities, English and modern languages). At the elementary level, I want my kids learning how to study, why things happen, and to ask questions. The school has a great record of success at preparing her graduates for the future. I'm glad to recommend SFA.

Posted July 11, 2007

My 4 year old just finished her first year at St Francis of Assisi. I was worried about her because she was really apprehensive about going to school where she knew no one, and having started two months after the other students. It took her exactly one day to be completely comfortable there. From the Teachers assistants, to the principal, to the teacher. Everyone was wonderful and understanding of her needs. I have never worried for her safety or well-being. She has truly blossomed in a few short months. She learned many things she had not previously known while in attendance at daycare. She started writing her name,learned about weather, and hibernation, speaking Spanish and started using computers! I am very impressed with St Francis of Assisi so far. My daughter keeps saying she misses school. I feel like it is worth the money. Her teacher Ms. Brennan was especially great.

Posted April 25, 2007

My 3 children have been in this school since preschool. We have now been with the school for 6 years. I can't say enough about it, it is truly wonderful. The school is like a family, the teachers are very involved and easy to communicate with. The principle has an open door policy and is a great leader. She has worked very hard to give the children the state of the art technology, as well as languages, and the proper academic tools they need to succeed. The public schools are losing teachers every year due to pay cuts. Their classrooms are getting very large. Their books and suppiles are showing their age and they are not getting support from town $$$ wise. SFA is constantly updating the academic programs, the building, the supplies. I feel fortunate to have found such a wonderful teaching evironment for my children.

Posted March 26, 2006

I feel that this school does deserve it's repretation. The modern technology and the high academics of this school not to mention the languages that are taught have helped my children. The support that my family gets from the teachers and principal is of a caring christian environment. When I leave my children at school I feel that they are being well cared for. That is something that the public school system did not make me feel. I did at one time have a problem at this school, and yes, through time and christian patience for one another it was worked out. I would tell anyone to send their children to this school.

Posted March 21, 2006

I am very happy with this school. The teachers are great.

Posted August 26, 2005

I think that for the amount of money parents pay in tuition, the classroom sizes are definitely too big. I have had friends, whose kids are in surrounding public schools, who don't pay a dime tell me that the class sizes are much smaller. There were times last year when my son would come home complaining that he didn't understand the subject matter that was taught, etc. Of course not, because a teacher with that many students cannot possibly devote that much time to one on one attention. Additionally, I am not impressed with the principal. She doesn't take criticism well and seems to forget that she has a job because of us parents who send our kids there. I went to parochial schools as a child and no difference between one that's first rate and one that is not. The school is not deserving of its reputation and is overrated.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 16% 6%

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Boston

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

850 Washington Street