Posted September 25, 2014
i was a former student at SFA for my 7th & 8th grade year and i can honestly say i did no like my experience there.as far as if i was struggling with my school work i felt alone. i did not belive a recived the proper help for my acedemics. another this is that the school is to small in size with classes of a large amount of students. also what comes with being a small sized school is no gym and small playground. there is a lack of effort in improving PE there as well. and soucialy i cant say i was a minority, yet it felt that way,and the tuition is too much for a middle school of that caliber. the only thing i can say positive is that i was put in a good situation to go to the high school i wanted.

Posted September 16, 2013
I went to Sfa for a long time. Hell of a school. Great new principal. Kids are like a second family to me since prek. if u go to sfa enjoy the time you got. you will get emotional on graduation nite. washington trip was fun great way to finish 10 years with my second family. one great english teacher forget about the small classes... it is good that there are small classes... do you know why?? because everyone knows each other. that is my favorite thing about the school. fun gym teacher. No one is left out. Wish i came back

Posted December 27, 2012
the last review was so off... the school is fantastic. As for the principal.. Boston lost out on a great leader. As for new principal- great leader. Before a parent , individuals posts a review - know the facts otherwise you look foolish . Have these ridiculous parents been to a public school lately or any other school . SFA is a one of the best !!!!

St Francis Of Assisi School 3

Posted September 05, 2012
With having 2 kids go to this school and 1 graduate from here June last I have to say my opinions are conflicted . I definitely feel the class sizes are a big issue. Way too many kids in 1 classroom. The class room size was small when we first started at preschool level . I feel it did become a business in the end. I did have 2 problems that were not addressed at all in fact they were ignored so I decided to pull my second child from SFA. The principal was not a people person and more of a glory hunter in my opinion. Thank god she has moved on this year so hopefully it can redeem itself to what it was like in former years . The turn over in teachers in the last 5/6 years was an inkling to maybe what kind the principal was as the teachers left every year not just 1 or 2 of them but more like 3 to 5 of them. Over all it was ok I liked they,re morals and they,re catholic teaching, I just wished the principal practiced what she preached . The upper grade teachers were only ok to . I felt more like they brought the kids down instead of rising them up . Just my opinion , glad I am done with SFA!!!!!!

Posted May 25, 2010
The school is not deserving of its reputation. It has become a business only concerned about the money and not the children. The building is small with even smaller class rooms that they squeeze well over 30 kids into. They are all placed on the same level so if your child is intelligent they will become bored. There is no room for them to play Gym or any other extra curricular activities especially on rainy days. The space they did have was taken away to build additional pre- k rooms. The Principal is the worst and if you go to her with a problem or concern be prepared she seems to forget that she has a job because of the parents who send their kids there. They are also oblivious to the extreme bullying that takes place even when brought to their attention. This will destroy any kid emotionally and socially.

Posted May 03, 2010
I am a girl who goes to St. Francis of Assisi and it is wonderful. I don't understand why St. Francis has this reputation. I found out that the economy became poor they raised there prices. At public schools I have seen they are bigger. DON'T SENT YOUR CHILD HERE. P.S I am leaving this year because my mom and dad doesn't like the size of everything.

Posted March 13, 2010
I am going to say that the class sizes are way to big. Plus the school is to small. I realized my child was complaining because the school has no gym. She says the music room is the hallway and if it's raining outside they use the lunch room for gym.

St Francis Of Assisi School 0

Posted July 08, 2009
Values...Morals... Technology (Smart Boards in EVERY classroom)...Dedicated faculty...I feel that my children are getting an education that is worthy of my hard earned money. I also am impressed with the schools that these kids are heading to after St Francis, Thayer, St. Sebs, BC High etc...

St Francis Of Assisi School 1

Posted July 07, 2009

St Francis Of Assisi School 0

Posted July 17, 2008
Money well spent....As an administrator at the secondary level, I know what I want for my children. SFA provides the perfect environment for inquisitive, eager to learn children. They learn in a safe, nurturing environment. With only 2 years to go before HS, my children are well prepared in a cross section of disciplines (most importantly, the humanities, English and modern languages). At the elementary level, I want my kids learning how to study, why things happen, and to ask questions. The school has a great record of success at preparing her graduates for the future. I'm glad to recommend SFA.

St Francis Of Assisi School
850 Washington Street, Braintree, MA  02184
Last modified St Francis Of Assisi School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Francis Of Assisi School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top