Braintree, MA

Posted May 06, 2015
My youngest son has attended Liberty since 1st grade. We had our oldest in a private school, and I can say that by comparison, Liberty is far superior (wish I had realized it earlier, I would have saved money!) Yes they need more space, but that's because Braintree has had over 5% population growth between 2000 and 2010 (I'm sure even more in the last 5 years). Yes the facilities could use some upgrades, but Liberty is one of the 2 schools that will receive funding for improvements this year. And while they may not have any playground equipment, not having the equipment has made the kids be imaginative, as my son tells me about these creative games the children make up to play @ recess. He has NEVER complained about the lack of equipment or said that he & his friends were bored @ recess. In addition, every teacher he has had has been fantastic. They are good about letting you know if there are any issues and work with you & your child to fix them. For example, with Mr. Kelley's help my son's reading grade went up this year, mostly because Mr. K knew how to encourage him. Also, we've had some issues @ home the last couple of years & the teachers have been wonderful about that too.

Posted January 16, 2015
Excellent school! My child loved attending Liberty. I was very pleased with the teachers & curriculum at Liberty school. It's off to middle school now but felt compelled to write a review. My family had a wonderful experience at Liberty elementary! The teachers were wonderful, especially Mrs. LaRossa , Mrs. Gigarjian,& Mrs. O' Sullivan, My daughter absolutely adored those teachers imparticular . I was worried a little worried about having a new principle because the former principal Dr. Joyce was an amazing lady but the new one Ms. Bebcheck has been great. Keep up the good work Liberty elementary we will miss you!

Posted February 19, 2014
I am a retired teacher who taught and also substiute taught at Liberty School after years of teaching in several other schools. I am astonished to see a teacher review on this site complaining about leadership. Dr. Radiches was one of the most caring and professional principals I have ever worked with. One will never find a stronger advocate for children. The teachers, except apparently one, follow her lead, making Liberty School a warm yet challenging learning environment. I loved teaching there and wish my child had gone to a school just like Liberty.

Posted April 02, 2012
People have to give credit to the teachers and not the state of the school. Unfortunatley the school need some repairs and addidional rooms but the teachers are dedicated and the students are learning. I am still new to the school but I thrilled with my daughters progress. Keep up the good work.

Liberty Elementary School 2

Posted September 18, 2010
We have only been at the school for a year, crossing over between K and 1st grade. So far I am only moderately impressed. The teachers seem dedicated, and my child likes his teachers. I think most of the time my child is being challenged enough. What I find most disappointing are the facilities. There is no playground equipment of any kind, the basketball court is is such disrepair as to be unusable, and in the school it self (at least last year) there were missing floor tiles and dark hallways. Time will tell this year if my child learns enough here.

Posted June 16, 2009
I sent both my children to Liberty school. Since there was a different principal when my daughter started going to Liberty I can see the tremendous positive difference that Dr. Radiches has in the school. Also all the teachers are overqualified with advanced education and degrees and they are fair to the students. The parents voices are heard and there is mutual respect between parents and teachers. There is nothing wrong with the school, teachers or principal, it was an all around positive experience for both my children. I noticed a very negative commend posted by (maybe) a dissatisfied teacher and wanted to put things in the right perspective. Liberty school is one of the best kep secrets in MA! Thank you Dr Radiches for a job well done!! Parents, alumni and kids we all appreciate the principal's and the teachers' hard work. Liberty school will always have a special place in our hearts

Posted April 17, 2009
Immediate need for leadership, a new principal, and teachers who want to earn their salary.

Posted March 04, 2008
My two older children attend Liberty school. I look forward to sending my younger two as well. There is such a 'team' effort at this school, involving the parents, teachers, and other staff. I feel that my kids are values as individual's. My daughter has always been an avid reader, putting her slightly ahead of her class, her teacher noticed this within the second week of school and had her enrolled in an enrichment class so that she can foster her love of reading. I am very pleased with all aspects of my children's learning process, and they frequently have extra activities for the children to enjoy.

Posted March 16, 2006
This is a very superior public school you will not be disappointed about. It has some of the most outstanding teachers in the country! Mrs. Sheehan was an increadible teacher for my daughter in 2nd grade, and Ms. Rinieri was a wonderful 1st grade teacher there. Principal Dr. Joyce Radishes is a very fair and professional individual completely in charge and dedicated to this school. Parents are very involved in the PTO which provides several extracurricular activities for the kids. When we moved to FL, my daughter had no problem being accepted into private school, in part, because Liberty's curriculum was so enriching and comprising of all the necessary subjects and the teachers were so good! Teachers were great in communication. Children here were very friendly and welcoming, Braintree is a wonderful town to live in!

49 Proctor Road, Braintree, MA  02184
Last modified Liberty Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Liberty Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top