Brewster, MA

Posted August 15, 2014
The Laurel School in Brewster is a loving, caring and nurturing place where the teachers are fully committed and investing in the students. We have been going there for 3 yrs and know that there has been change but we couldn't be happier with all the new people, especially Dr. Jeff Beedy.

Posted July 09, 2014
It is a shame that the internal politics destroyed a good school. Our teacher completely abandoned her class and used a litany of excuses to have an absence rate of @ 1/3rd of the school year. The poor timing of various events, fundraisers, and volunteering to announcements really took advantage of our generosity. How they handled being transparent about next year class sizes, which teachers would still be there and the timing of deposits which they wouldn't refund on any condition even if held for a few hours. I won't even get into the atmosphere of the school this last year.

Posted June 13, 2014
My Daughter started in Preschool and graduated 5th. She had an amazing experience at Laurel but it was not until she entered the public system that Laurel's academic excellence really became clear. She entered sixth grade at Lighthouse leap years ahead of her peers in almost every way. Enrolling at the Laurel School really was the best thing I could have ever done for my Daughter!

Posted May 16, 2014
This is a wonderful school with excellent teachers and caring families that has experienced a long overdue change of administration and is poised to be even greater in very short order. The Laurel School is like no other on the Cape, and those who really know the school well understand the best is yet to come, and soon.

Posted May 16, 2014
The Laurel School is a fantastic school. I have been a parent at this school for a long time. The reason why we are there is because of the fantastic teaching staff and also the individualized instruction. The teachers are supportive of all of the students and they know the names of the children from preschool to fifth grade. I experienced a bullying situation several times with the old administration that was completely mishandled. The current administration that has been implemented is making some much needed changes to the school and trying to bring back a sense of community for all of the children. Schools are all about happy an productive children. They should never w about politics. Changes are often hard to accept, but they are necessary for continued improvement! This is a statesmen that occurs in every aspect of life. This school is a wonderful place for children to learn and thrive.

Posted February 01, 2014
I will echo the previous poster who complained about bullying at Laurel. I reached out to both our child's teacher and the principal regarding this issue, to no avail. I too witnessed the bullying, which included name calling and shoving, yet nothing was done about it. I ultimately decided to transfer my child to another school and am happy to report that she is now thriving. This is a school where the staff claim to encourage a close - knit community, but they really just have dollar signs in their eyes. How sad.

Posted May 16, 2012
The Laurel School is a fantastic school! It was absolutely the best decision I have made to send my son to Laurel School! The school definitely exceeds expectations in every aspect of learning.

Posted February 09, 2012
This school is amazing! The faculty, curriculum and campus, fairs and everything are fabulous. My son has really blossomed here!!!

The Laurel School 4

Posted December 13, 2011
Very happy with this school as a preschool . Very clean and supportive environment. My 3 year old is learning some spanish having fun singing new songs, meeting new friends. Great little school.

Posted October 20, 2011
The school has sadly gone downhill, largely due to the current administration. Communication is often unclear, and certain problems fail to be addressed effectively.

The Laurel School