PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

My two daughters 7 and 4 started going to the laurel day camp this summer and they love it so much. They can be very shy and were nervous they wouldn't know anyone and the staff was so supportive and kind that they warmed right up and can't wait to go! They do so many fun "camp" things with them that other day camps I find are lacking in. They come home singing all the fun camp songs and talking about all the different classes they take during the day!

We love this school, the teachers, the head of the school Amy Carrol and all the teachers and staff!! We couldn't be happier here and our daughter has blossomed in the one year we have been here. We looked at a lot of schools and we are so glad we chose the Laurel School (and camp)!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We are so impressed with how much they teach especially considering how much the children enjoy the learning. It far exceeds anything we were expecting.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school teaches the children through play and their curriculum about the importance of caring for each other and the environment.

My child had an exceptional year at the Laurel School. I noticed the difference in philsophy immediately. At the Laurel School, it was all about what my child needed, and what they could do to encourage her to learn and explore. It is not a "fancy" school, the philosophy and learning are based on teaching kids to be good learners and good people: to respect and get along with other people. The teachers were excellent (tough at times, but appropriately so), and my child was really able to learn with the structure and safety they provided. I always felt that I could discuss my daughter or her progress with the teachers or the administrator at any time. Jacqui Beebe I wrote this years ago! My daughter is now in 6th grade. She was at Laurel from K-5, and had an amazing experience there. She is doing well in 6th grade socially and academically and I think she had a tremendous beginning at Laurel. (2015)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

This is the strength of the school- we have amazing, creative teachers that do not have to follow a curriculum built on test scores!

Amount of homework: Agree

My child went through Laurel from K through 5 and is now in middle school doing fine. I think the homework was enough, not too much or too little.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school focuses on kindness, working collaboratively, and taking responsibility for yourself and others. The special programs such as the Choral Program with Seniors with Alzheimer's help students to focus on other people and contribute to the larger community.

The Laurel Day Camp was our first experience with an American summer camp and our first summer at the Cape. Everyday my son came home happy and excited about Laurel Day Camp. There were enough boys his age (8/9 years) for him to bond with and form great friendships with. The specific activities were spot on. He totally enjoyed them and loved kayaking. The counselors were kind and energetic and he truly enjoyed the youth CIT counselors. Every evening he could not wait for camp to start again. I loved the positive energy that I encountered every day when I brought him to camp. Both Amy and Courtney are always there with a smile and a very positive attitude. It was wonderful to be able to walk in and help him put his stuff in the locker, say hi to the different counselors and watch him meet up with his buddies. I felt a great sense of community during camp. I was able to meet some of the other parents/grandparents and arrange play dates and exchange phone numbers. Lost items were always handled with genuine kindness, understanding and professionalism. I would highly recommend Laurel Day Camp to other parents.

The Laurel School in Brewster is a wonderful choice for Preschool. The programs that they offer far exceed any other preschool programs on Cape. My 3yr old has thrived here. He has Spanish, Art, Music and Dance and Movement. Along with their high standards of academics they also have a Mentors Program with the Elementary students. We are so pleased! Highly recommend this school.

Last modified The Laurel School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5