Bad
Good

Stony Brook Elementary School 2

Posted October 01, 2014
Nice area and school grounds. Good teachers Curriculum in some grade levels needs improvements Principal is not approachable and school environment is not welcoming to parents. There are definitely better options in the cape cod area.

Posted January 15, 2009
Fantastic school with wonderful teachers who create a very positive and supportive learning environment for children. We feel very privileged to have the opportunity to send our child to Stony Brook Elementary School.

Posted December 15, 2008
I went to this school when I was younger, and now my oldest goes to kindergarden here. The school is amazing, I feel that she is safe, and she has learned so much so far this year, I am extremely proud that she goes here. We may be moving and I'm scared that I won't find another school with such high quality. Everyone at this school cares about the children and their learning.

Stony Brook Elementary School 4

Posted November 24, 2008
I have been very happy with the teachers my sons have had at Stonybrook. They are caring and kind. They know they have to work within the system and know that the system is flawed. The best teachers find ways to excite the kids with other material in addition to the 3 Rs . In Kindergarten they know that the children must play to help them learn! And learn they do! They understand the importance of recess for a child. Balancing academics with play and activities are important, and the school knows this. I personally wish there were not so many tests (to see where they rate) for such young children. And the teachers I had agreed with me. But it is government mandated and they have to do it. I will miss the teachers I have grown to love!

Posted October 23, 2007
We moved here from Tewksbury Ma. where my daughter did attend Grade K but the school program was only 2 1/2 days. We decided to have her redo K in Stony Brook due to there great curriculum. We are so happy we did. After less than 2 months she is reading more words than ever.She is recognizing more double digit numbers. Most important is her attitude. She's an only child so she can be very stubborn but lately her ways of communication and compromise has improved so much. We are so happy we made this choice for her future and I really credit the team at Stony Brook for this.

Stony Brook Elementary School
384 Underpass Road, Brewster, MA  02631
Last modified Stony Brook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2